Data - backtesting - software?????

gtatix

Hello. I am asking this after searching for hours to an answer. I would appreciate a concise answer which would include an answer to all parts to this - somewhat long - question. I am only interested in Forex at this time. I need data. Not just day end data but a lot of data. I am a data junkie so I find it entertaining or stimulating to crunch data. I am looking for 10 minute, 30 minute, 1hour, 4 hour and daily. Perhaps 5 min if all are possible. If NOT all, I need AT LEAST 30 minute and 4 hour. No? How about 30 minute? Currencies? The more the better but I really only need EUR/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CAD, GBP/USD or even just EUR/USD and USD/CAD to get started.
Okay, now I need the data for inputting it to a tester. A backtester. Tradesolutions? N-Train? other? Well, the problem I have found is that I can download Tradesolultions but they have so many limitations as to what you can do as per importing data and using certain KEY parts of the software that it is USELESS for testing before buying. I tried eSignal to get data. They want my CC# FIRST. Then I can access their data. Do they have the data I need? Can I even USE the data I get from them? I am also interested in neural-net software, genetic algorithm stuff and perhaps a NEW??? thing called a Boltzmann machine. Problem is I don't know if I can figure out how to use these things in a month or less to see if I want to buy them. I need specific help in learning how to use these "machines/softwares" for my specific needs within Forex speculating.
In a nutshell, I want to test a few "systems" or ideas I have. I want to test them with the data timeframes and pairs I listed above. I want to go back as far a possible - the beginning is great, 5 years would be okay, 1 year of 30 minutes would do...but only do.
I am sure I am not the only one who has had this problem. What is the solution? Where can I get great backtesting software WITH NO LIMITATIONS and great widespread data that I can use to do some testing. I am currently flubbing along looking at charts that don't go back too far and seeing a lot of good stuff but having to write down things manually. This is beyond tiresome and ridiculous, especially since I need months and months of results to make me feel comfortable. Again I am a statistics junkie....I can spend HOURS and HOURS looking at data as long as I have everything I need. Otherwise I get frustrated and sidetracked...HELP :eek:

Nice answer "vet."

All of this is available if you're prepared to pay for it.
Thanks for the useless sarcasm. Of course I am willing to pay for it if I know what IT is that I am getting.
You neglected to mention where I might find the "for sale stuff." I think it would be extremely amateur to expect data to be useful - or pure - without testing it first. If I were to pay for everything that looks
useful before I tried it, I wouldn't be a very good candidate as a qualified money manager or speculator now would I?
So perhaps you could offer some of your "veteran" wisdom as to what would be worth paying for instead of assuming that I am looking for a free ride. Otherwise, don't pretend to help others by massaging your ego in a public forum with scathing statements where help is needed.
:-0 Defense of your statement is useless - you know you were being prejudgemental - so don't bother "apologizing."