DailyFX

TheBramble

Legendary member
Started demoing the FXCM front-end this morning.

The charts tab takes you to Dailyfx.com (which I use anyway), but I've just noticed today that the IEXPLORE task running the chart is taking 70-90% of my CPU.

Is this anyone else's experieince? Is there a reason for this? Can it be reduced?

Bramble - try thier "advanced" charts instead. Its a standalone desktop-based, rather than browser based, and allows you to save your settings too.

http://www.fxcm.co.uk/frame/fxcmdfx_ch.html (link at the bottom of page, requires "sign up")

In my view, the "MarketScope" one is the best, as the other two are still browser based. Maybe this will solve the CPU issue.

Hi Bramble

I am having exactly this same problem and am losing charting facilities in marketscope (FXCM) as soon as I open (or very shortly afterwards) another website.The problem appears to be with IE so I swapped over to Netscape earlier today to see if this makes any difference.I have also just spoken with a guy in Tech Suppt at FXCM who is checking things out and has promised to come back to me.

I'll let you know if the change to Netscape makes any difference.

Unfortunately I am not a 'Techie' so its a bit beyond me but I have ran marketscope for 5months + with no problems until last week.

H

I have been having problems with fxcm, eer since I started some 5 months ago. I probably have a file there which is quite big, because whatever I have tried has failed to cure the probs. with memory, and the crashing thereof of many programmes.
To be fair, using both telephone to the States, and also their chat facility, all of the IT support guys have been polite,helpful and fairly knowledgeable. However, what does irk is the fact that you are always "the first person we have had this problem with".

I firstly used their freebie charts, which are basic, but enough for a beginner like me to make sense of.Of all of them, Power Charts are probably the best, except for their annoying habit of only using two colours,blue and green, and variations of these on indicators.

Marketscope, which I only used Friday, is very good .
The prob. that I have always had, is that whichever, chart/s I use, if they are used for any length of time with the tradestation, is that it disconnects my dial-up broadband after a time - this varies from 30 minutes to 2 hours roughly.

The way I get round it is to use the charts indepently, not thru tradestation, and to close down t/s when not being used for trade and bring it up on screen when needed. Not ideal, but what is in life.
Have given up with fxcm help desks, going round in circles, unless of course you know different
Kevin

I've downloaded fxchartfull.exe (for Maketscope) from FXCM and tried to install it, but I get:

"FX Charts Plugin: PlugIn Setup cannot find Trade Station. Installation aborted"

I Don't have Trade Station. Is there some way of running their charts without it?

No response from their tech support.

rossored said:
Bramble - try thier "advanced" charts instead. Its a standalone desktop-based, rather than browser based, and allows you to save your settings too.

http://www.fxcm.co.uk/frame/fxcmdfx_ch.html (link at the bottom of page, requires "sign up")

In my view, the "MarketScope" one is the best, as the other two are still browser based. Maybe this will solve the CPU issue.

I think they provide an active x facility? That you can buy from them, I think it's £20 per month, and that provides a datafeed that you can feed into tradestation.