Daily Trading Journal - Teabull Asset Timer

TeabullAssetTimer

Hello Members of Trade2Win!

As said in my introductory post my name is Matthew and I am CEO of Teabull Asset Timer.

I will be creating a daily journal showing our trades we personally use for our algorithm as well as our current signals. I will look to update our own personal balances (when there are no trades) and show our one of own investing account along with our signals to ensure transparency.

We personally use the asset allocation of 50% in our stocks 20% in gold and 30% in bonds. Now this can easily be tailored based on ones own investment goals and needs but I will just stick with our own allocation for now.

That being said our portfolio's book balance is $41,430.20 USD
TPR7Dzd.png

As such we reallocate our portfolio once a month for re-balancing. Which is why our gold and bonds are now 25% of our portfolio (needs to be re-balanced).

As you can see from the image above we do trade triple leveraged ETFs. The thing to know about triple leveraged ETFs - they perform very poorly in a longer period of time due to decay effects. (See seeking alpha article for more info https://seekingalpha.com/article/1864191-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-decay-of-leveraged-etfs)

As such one cannot/shouldn't hold triple leveraged funds for extended periods of time which is why these ETFs need to be actively traded. As such as system is designed to actively trade so our trades are within reasonable time-frames to allow us to trade triple leveraged funds (Can also be used with Single and Double Leveraged - except for gold (there is no single leveraged inverse fund)).

We use diversification also to try to mitigate down days and create a steady up-swinging portfolio (there are and will definitely be down-days as well as trades)

Without further ado here are our Day 1 positions:

Stocks: (Russell 2000) - TZA (we are short)
Bonds: (20+ Years) - TMF (we are long)
Gold: JNUG (we are long)

If I missed any critical information or you have any other questions about the setup please let me know. Unfortunately I cannot specify how we have created the algorithm (so please don't ask how it is done) - it is essentially our indication of overbought and oversold markets (and sometimes it is wrong).

Cheers,
Matthew

bmlhDQw.png

Day 2: As you can see we have not changed our position. But like I said I will still be updating this daily.

Our position for day 2 is:

wmPB9Sz.png

Day 3: We again have not changed our position.

Our position for day 3 is:

IBw2oYO.png

Here are our orders from yesterdays close.

FM49XYm.png

Day 4: We have a new signal, stocks have become a buy.

Stocks: (Russell 2000) - TNA (we are long)

NrFnQdu.png

Day 5: We have not changed our position.

Stocks: (Russell 2000) - TNA (we are long)