Daily STOXX

Helenqu

Established member
131002.gif

Thought you might be interested in this, I've posted it over on TBS and TMF too so I aplogise to those who have seen it more than once :)

Poised yet again for an important move. Double bottom formed and target for that is +350, however we have lots of resistance around this level now and the recent downtrend is closer than the DB target. I guess it would be in keeping for a bear market for up formations not to achieve their targets so maybe a climb to the trendline and then a bounce back down is the most likely scenario. Whatever happens, up or down it remains an engaging story :)

This is my first post so hopefully it should attach a chart.

I see a consoldation in the price on Monday as the people who bought in at the bottom will want to lock into profit. I would not be taking a fresh long as my stop would be to far away from the price ( Stop @2115 ).

For Tuesday it should hit the 50% retracement & trendline resistance.

This breaking of the top of the range should tempt new buyers to take long positions, but I would expect it to turn down from this point as to trap the bulls who are long.

Mooms

Attachments

• ps0033.gif
    ps0033.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
Why Tuesday mooms? Any particular reason you think it will happen on Tuesday?

I'm updating this thread since I'm trading the STOXX as my first foray into Euro markets. I scalp and take moves less than 20 minutes. Most days I'm getting >10 points just through watching the volume on my buy/sell screen-and I intend to subscribe to charting software soon.

I see up on Monday (have a chart which I'll post if it proves true) from this level-so will look for moves up to 5600 and ride momentum. However, if it fails I'll play the other side since there could be some downside potential.

Comments on the STOXX direction would be appreciated....thanks.

High Risk said:
I'm updating this thread since I'm trading the STOXX as my first foray into Euro markets. I scalp and take moves less than 20 minutes. Most days I'm getting >10 points just through watching the volume on my buy/sell screen-and I intend to subscribe to charting software soon.

I see up on Monday (have a chart which I'll post if it proves true) from this level-so will look for moves up to 5600 and ride momentum. However, if it fails I'll play the other side since there could be some downside potential.

Comments on the STOXX direction would be appreciated....thanks.

Following up with the chart I made on the weekend, 2 hours in I'm already up 16 points on STOXX (3 trades), and gt a handy 5.5 on a quick FTSE trade.

I still think today will see 5580+

comments? Thanks...

Attachments

• stoxx 2006 06 23.GIF
    stoxx 2006 06 23.GIF
    23.4 KB · Views: 437
well, that was interesting, down then up, not what I expected but I played it for small gains anyway.

I would appreciate if someone could send me Friday's minute by minute tick data using excel......volume, price...for FTSE/STOX, I want to test a few of my models.

Many thanks

High Risk said:
well, that was interesting, down then up, not what I expected but I played it for small gains anyway.

I would appreciate if someone could send me Friday's minute by minute tick data using excel......volume, price...for FTSE/STOX, I want to test a few of my models.

Many thanks

Well, I found some old data from:
http://www.regisdata.co.uk/sampledata.htm

but now I'd appreciate an answer about commissions: I pay round trip these amounts:

STOXX 8 Euro
FTSE 6 Pounds
Bund 8 Euro

and because I'm still learning, I put through 200-500 contracts a week. Later will increase this substantially to >1000

What type of comms should I seek from my broker?
Thanks.