Daily Dax

Livermore said:
How much do you pay in commission (or are you spread-betters?)?

im not a spread better, trade direct from eurex, not sure whether i will continue trading the dax after 9 months as i will be required to sit exams to continue trading on their exchange and im not sure if it is worth it for me.

jiggly said:
yes, but not as frequently as before, only when the forex is a bit slow as i trade that from a 15 minute time frame, could be in a trade upto 4 hours.

how are you getting on?

I also trade Forex, and now also Dax. But I found it difficult to focus on both at the same time, but I love the small Dax-spread. ;)

jiggly said:
im not a spread better, trade direct from eurex, not sure whether i will continue trading the dax after 9 months as i will be required to sit exams to continue trading on their exchange and im not sure if it is worth it for me.

Which broker do you use, and how much do you pay in commissions? :?:

Livermore said:
Which broker do you use, and how much do you pay in commissions? :?:

around 2 euros, i have direct access......

which broker do you use?

jiggly said:
around 2 euros, i have direct access......

which broker do you use?

Or do you trader without a broker - "I have direct access" - and are you a local trader or what?

Livermore said:
jiggly...

ARE YOU STILL HERE?? :cheesy:

yes still around dax hasnt been too impressive lately, i dont have a broker i suppose im a local screen trader, just have a clearer.

jiggly said:
yes still around dax hasnt been too impressive lately, i dont have a broker i suppose im a local screen trader, just have a clearer.

Could you explain a little bit more how you can trade without a broker? :rolleyes:

FYI. interesting article in TRADERS magazine this month on using the CCI with DAX for systematic trades.

foale said:
ha...I am sitting here reading it ...:)

foale - do you have a link to this article? - thx

foale said:
just opened cautious longs on DAX and FTSE

nice trade by the way - eurostoxx just tested yesterdays lows this morning but the dax was way above - did you catch that rally yesterday, was nice move - now we need for the U.S. to start moving back up, which is not a certainty as the recent up move was long and large, so may need a bit more consolidation or even a bit more of a retrace.

Can somebody please enlighten me.......

Since the DAX trading hours were extended to 22.00 CET, I am unable to relate the day's closing price with the 'Change' figure displayed by IB in TWS.

This morning, for example, the DAX opened at 5301.0 and my chart showed a close price ay 22.00 yesterday of 5289.50. A difference of +11.5. However on opening the TWS showed a 'Change' figure of +32, which relates to a close price of 5269.0, a price last traded at 17.33 yesterday!

I emailed IB about this and they responded that 'IB uses the official settlement price and not the last price at 22.00'.

What is the official settlement price, what time is it issued and why is it (allegedly) so different from the actual close price?

Thanks!

Steve

L'Escargot said:
Can somebody please enlighten me.......

Since the DAX trading hours were extended to 22.00 CET, I am unable to relate the day's closing price with the 'Change' figure displayed by IB in TWS.

This morning, for example, the DAX opened at 5301.0 and my chart showed a close price ay 22.00 yesterday of 5289.50. A difference of +11.5. However on opening the TWS showed a 'Change' figure of +32, which relates to a close price of 5269.0, a price last traded at 17.33 yesterday!

I emailed IB about this and they responded that 'IB uses the official settlement price and not the last price at 22.00'.

What is the official settlement price, what time is it issued and why is it (allegedly) so different from the actual close price?

Thanks!

Steve

The definition of official settlement price is on the Eurex site:
http://www.eurexchange.com/products/FDAX.html

The offical prices for yesterday are here:
http://www.eurexchange.com/data/statistics/market/online.html?group=IDX&busdate=20051201&symbol=FDAX

I'm no expert as to why the settlement price is lower, and my own charts doesn't show the settlement price, so it doesn't affect me at all, sorry.

But my record of actual trades does show the opening/closing figures which agree with Eurex - a close at 5288 and an open at 5301. 5289.50 was not quite the last actual trade but a few seconds before 22.00.

jiggly said:
cheers livermoore,

but just as you suggested earlier, their are a lot of small losers, even when i am right about the general direction i still get stopped,

the volatility on the dax is a #%$&! you can never be too sure if it is just gonna be a spike or continue moving in the opposite direction to your trade.

having such tight stops is very very frustrating when you get hit and the market moves without you factored in, but seriously gives me a chance to recover from a long series of losses within a couple days.

am trying to experiment with a few other strategies, but i often ask myself, why would anyone want to trade this market??

jiggly.

Still trading? ;)