Daily Dax

$tick equivalent for the DAX

I've been trading the YM (e mini DOW) with some success using the $tick chart as guidance, do any of the DAX traders know if there is anything similar for the DAX? I have a tradestation account and would like to trade the european session as well as the YM US session

Eurex EBS feed through Zen-Fire

Thought the DAX traders would be interested in this press release out today:

Connectivity for EUREX Retail Traders Takes Leap of Speed

Mirus Futures offers live streaming data from EUREX with Zen-Fire

Date: Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chicago, IL: Mirus Futures announced today live streaming data from EUREX integrated with the Zen-Fire trading engine. The significance of this level of connectivity being available to the retail trading market is enormous. Customers seeking low latency and high speed trading can request a real time trading simulator from the Zen-Fire or Mirus Futures site.

Enhanced Broadcast Solution (EBS)
The new data feed EBS offers an innovative high-performance market data broadcast solution for un-netted public market data. The socket-based distribution mechanism features among others an order book depth of 10 for options (previously only inside market data was provided), an enhancement of order Book depth to 20 for benchmark futures (previously 10) and a new subscription model, allowing members to select individual market data of all product groups relevant for their business. Along with the launch of EBS, the new data feed CEF ultra+ of Deutsche Börse Market Data & Analytics was started. CEF ultra+ contains the same market depth as EBS but distributes Eurex trading data to non-Eurex members like data vendors also with lowest latency. It is enriched by a trade recovery functionality which is necessary for data vendors.

Thought the DAX traders would be interested in this press release out today:

Connectivity for EUREX Retail Traders Takes Leap of Speed

Mirus Futures offers live streaming data from EUREX with Zen-Fire

Date: Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chicago, IL: Mirus Futures announced today live streaming data from EUREX integrated with the Zen-Fire trading engine. The significance of this level of connectivity being available to the retail trading market is enormous. Customers seeking low latency and high speed trading can request a real time trading simulator from the Zen-Fire or Mirus Futures site.

Enhanced Broadcast Solution (EBS)
The new data feed EBS offers an innovative high-performance market data broadcast solution for un-netted public market data. The socket-based distribution mechanism features among others an order book depth of 10 for options (previously only inside market data was provided), an enhancement of order Book depth to 20 for benchmark futures (previously 10) and a new subscription model, allowing members to select individual market data of all product groups relevant for their business. Along with the launch of EBS, the new data feed CEF ultra+ of Deutsche Börse Market Data & Analytics was started. CEF ultra+ contains the same market depth as EBS but distributes Eurex trading data to non-Eurex members like data vendors also with lowest latency. It is enriched by a trade recovery functionality which is necessary for data vendors.

So does that mean to buy or sell the dax then lol

Hi, to All and Sundry!

Well, Germany's economy is not in good health really.

BUT out of the 3 it is the best one to weather the STORM ...........

Spain ......... Anyone into the spanish market? Well, it is not good .......

FTSE will be the hardest hit though - that's for sure!!!

S K

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there

Be the One for GOD, so that I may appoint a deliverer for thy SOUL!

HariHaraBramKalki(S K)

360.yahoo.com/cu20052003

So does that mean to buy or sell the dax then lol

yes, I'm looking at moving over to the DAX as it seems to attract alot of traders from the FTSE. So will follow this thread very closely from now on...

DAX

Trying to stay above 5750...
dax101fw0.png

volume

Hi everyone,
Just had a look at the dax again today after not looking at it for a while - is it me or is the volume shown in the orderbook not as big as it used to be? I seem to remember that the volume on the best bid and offer were dozens of lots, whereas today, it seems to be rather less than that - rarely more than 10 lots. Apologies in advance if I remembered that all completely wrong, but any views would be welcome.
S

Hi everyone,
Just had a look at the dax again today after not looking at it for a while - is it me or is the volume shown in the orderbook not as big as it used to be? I seem to remember that the volume on the best bid and offer were dozens of lots, whereas today, it seems to be rather less than that - rarely more than 10 lots. Apologies in advance if I remembered that all completely wrong, but any views would be welcome.
S

Maybe you forget, that 300 to 500 points range a day does not attract to much bids and offers for the orderbook ;)

as today so far the volume is 234k ... I hope, your orders can be filled :)(y)

if you look a lot of the time the dax have some lovely 100 lot orders being filled in one, all mine of course..............