Daily Dax

Dax short term view

chart attached

Attachments

• DAX500 ticks.png
    DAX500 ticks.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 187
DAX now holding at the lows of the day...working up for next move down..will it break 6440? Or will it bounce..same for DOW..break 12k? or bounce... favouring a fall to 11600 DOW, and possible DAX to 6160-6200 (200 dma)...

foale said:
S&P 1400.. Dow 12250... and Fib 38.2 retrace of the big fall....
and the look of a double top on last nights action...

Where from here I wonder...back down or push through..

Back down was pretty predictable, it would have been very surprising if we went higher. Actually, I a a bit surprised to see it haul back 300 points of that plunge... then again it was a near-perfect 50% retracement on clearly lower volume.... Today so far not much action going on, but the US open bell is ringing soon...

Dax called up over 100pts at the open - that should be a sight for sore eyes........... and what happens after it's scored it's hundred then what..........LOL

Dax did not make new lows today (below the mini-crash lows that is) so maybe just maybe .... especially after strong comeback in US.....

Should be a fun earner either way ......... always is after a big dipper like today....

Looks like we have 2 lines in the sand....6770 and above may mean new highs... a third test and break below 6440 ish level (preferred scenario) opens way for 6150 -6200 ...

Attachments

• DAX PERFORMANCE INDEX.png
    DAX PERFORMANCE INDEX.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 161
  • DAX .png
    DAX .png
    27.8 KB · Views: 145
catracho said:
Looks like we have 2 lines in the sand....6770 and above may mean new highs... a third test and break below 6440 ish level (preferred scenario) opens way for 6150 -6200 ...

So far not much interesting opportunities... the last two hours have been more chop than anything... oh well, flat is also a position

Trend still up

As always the trend is the trend until proven otherwise...

Attachments

• dax_fut.jpg
    dax_fut.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 165
Interesting day so far..probably too late now to initiate shorts? Key will be the rally that follows once this fall has run it's course...new highs or a lower high...anybody got any downside targets in mind? Thinking 7043-7070 then we rally....

catracho said:
Interesting day so far..probably too late now to initiate shorts? Key will be the rally that follows once this fall has run it's course...new highs or a lower high...anybody got any downside targets in mind? Thinking 7043-7070 then we rally....

Sorry to be dull but the old highs in the range you mentioned would be obvious...
but the lows so far are nearish to 25%pbk of the big bounce and 33%pbk is around old highs.
Either of which could halt the wobble.

Another interesting point is we should see a down day on dow - dip below 728 so any pre-market bounce could be an opp.... to play that short .......... possibly.

chart of recent action..is this fall a one day wonder? Or will we see a great SHORT opportunity with a rally that fails below the highs...

Attachments

• DAX PERFORMANCE INDEX.png
    DAX PERFORMANCE INDEX.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 145
catracho said:
chart of recent action..is this fall a one day wonder? Or will we see a great SHORT opportunity with a rally that fails below the highs...

Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled... my trendline is breached but we are rallying back up.

Attachments

• dax_fut.jpg
    dax_fut.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 192
firewalker99 said:
Looks mighty dangerous...

Go on, humour me.....

'mighty dangerous' in that it might fall heavily, or 'mighty dangerous' in that it might spike up?!

Maybe (just maybe) we are in final move up....at least for a while !
see charts attached - same picture but zoomed out...
maybe 7600 target for dax?

still waiting for the turn - IT WILL come one day!

Attachments

• DAX close up.png
    DAX close up.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 143
  • DAX from 2003 low.png
    DAX from 2003 low.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 152
  • DAX daily.png
    DAX daily.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 175
hobby said:
Go on, humour me.....

'mighty dangerous' in that it might fall heavily, or 'mighty dangerous' in that it might spike up?!

Both :cheesy:

Well, you asked to be humoured, didn't you :)
For the moment looks like it's going to lead to a spike up...

firewalker99 said:
Both :cheesy:

Well, you asked to be humoured, didn't you :)
For the moment looks like it's going to lead to a spike up...

Well, I hope you're wrong cos I'm getting a Tonking with a capital T at the moment! The Dax is a very unforgiving Index....I knew I should have taken up building forts from discarded lollipop sticks instead.

hobby said:
Well, I hope you're wrong cos I'm getting a Tonking with a capital T at the moment! The Dax is a very unforgiving Index....I knew I should have taken up building forts from discarded lollipop sticks instead.

looks like it's still consolidating now...
I am still looking for the final and near-vertical run up that will lead to the ultimate buying climax...
and although it has already moved up significantly I don't see the "obvious" signs of the end of the exhaustion phase yet :|

Well - another break of the uptrend - (so far -obviously we could rally to close back in the trend) - tho' probably due a few days of correction ?? Which on DAX could be a few hundred points - not sure if we have seen the blow off climax move yet...so unless we see SIGNIFICANT falls to change the trend - this will probably be a BUY the dip (again) opportunity....

Well - another break of the uptrend - (so far -obviously we could rally to close back in the trend) - tho' probably due a few days of correction ?? Which on DAX could be a few hundred points - not sure if we have seen the blow off climax move yet...so unless we see SIGNIFICANT falls to change the trend - this will probably be a BUY the dip (again) opportunity....

Yes the trend is broken now, for real this time... but we only selling slowly (yet?)...
I'm looking to buy around 7450 potentially...

Attachments

• dax_uptrend.jpg
    dax_uptrend.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 151