Daily ATR information

options-george

Guest Author
Hi everyone,
I am looking for a website (or some other source) that gives a summary of daily ATR's for a range of markets - currencies, indices, commodities.

Can anyone point me towards something like that?

So ideally something like this (the numbers are completely made up)
GBPUSD 90
EURUSD 40
GBPCHF 30

US30 100
DAX30 150
CAC40 80
FTSE100 87

WTI 210
Gold 300

I visited your trading blog. Your blog is updated always or weekly?

At the moment, I do about 15-20 blog post a month. But it's not totally consistent. Sometimes I do two posts in a week, and then three in a single day.

I mainly keep the blog for keeping myself in check and to avoid trading like a total idiot :cheesy:

. . . I am looking for a website (or some other source) that gives a summary of daily ATR's for a range of markets - currencies, indices, commodities.
Hi o-g,
I assume you're looking for historical data for back testing purposes? If so, you're either going to have to pay for it or ask a fellow member if they have it for the markets you require and would be prepared to share it with you.

If you don't need historical data, sign up for a demo account with any broker that offers MT4 and you'll be able to get the info you need. Even the broker's own in house charting package will almost certainly include ATR - so it ought to be pretty easy.
Tim.

Hi o-g,
I assume you're looking for historical data for back testing purposes? If so, you're either going to have to pay for it or ask a fellow member if they have it for the markets you require and would be prepared to share it with you.

If you don't need historical data, sign up for a demo account with any broker that offers MT4 and you'll be able to get the info you need. Even the broker's own in house charting package will almost certainly include ATR - so it ought to be pretty easy.
Tim.

Hi Timsk, thanks for your reply. No I wasn't looking for historical data but for current info.

Yes I have the ATR on my MT4 daily timeframes. What I was hoping for is a magic website that just happens to nicely display all the daily ATRs for a whole range of instruments, so that I can quickly scan through them, rather than checking each chart individually.

I guess I might have to do some coding in MT4 to pull that together (or ask someone to do the coding for me).

I have gotten together with a couple of guys - one of whom is pretty good with MT4 programming. We are going to put together an ATR dashboard for a range of instruments including historical averages for the ATR readings.

I will put a screen print of it here once we are done with it, if anyone is interested.

The idea behind this is to spot instruments that are increasing or decreasing in volatility in order to know what markets to trade and/or stay away from.

bump. So the new program has been written and completed, given us exactly what we are after.

Unfortunately it's been "classified" at the programmer's request.

But it seems like nobody was interested in it in any case. ;-)

Attachments

• Oanda volatility chart.png
    Oanda volatility chart.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 257