Currency Trading; September 03

Am currently long Euro$ @ 11306 - it's difficult to call where it's going next, but agree that when it does go it will probably be a decent move. If it breaks thru 11550 then I intend to add to my postn (hoping for a re-test of 11900 ultimately), otherwise I have a stop just below 11400, and may then reverse

cheers
turtle

Newtron Bomb
Keep posting your reasoning as well as your trades,only started demo trading today.Do you always use the same/similar rule of thumb re your entries ie +/- the EMA.I find your & other contributers opinions invaluable thank you one and all.
Regards newboy :D

gbp
Reversal short 1.6565 + 15

...nice pull back to ema... lets see if it continues down now the channel support has gone :cheesy:

Newtron Bomb
Sorry to bother you with what must seem stupid questions but -- is D4Free/cmc spread bettors ? just received their forms.If they are not what would the spreads be between say D4Free/IG Index or any other co.
Regards newboy :confused:

newboy

D4Free/cmc spread bettors ?

yes theyare a spread betting company, but cmc do also have a cfd and forex service

If they are not what would the spreads be between say D4Free/IG Index or any other co.

The spreads on forex instruments will differ slightly from market to market and from broker to spreadbetter but they are all around 5 pips

looking a lot like yesterday so far

Attachments

• gbp.gif
    gbp.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 401
Could this be a top? and maybe a trend change?
You can see the DT above but below it looks like its running out of steam, for now anyway

But what do i know all am doing is buying above and selling below the ema... what fo i care where it goes lol :LOL:

Attachments

• image5.gif
    image5.gif
    16 KB · Views: 387
£$ trend change

Have just been considering that myself, but what do we call confirmation?-

16550 (BO of current channel)
16450 (bottom of the 'flag' that it's currently in on daily chart)
16380 (to fill the gap)?

I suppose it's all 3 for a definite change, do you think? :?:

turtle

Speaking of trend changes, i'm also looking at NZ$/$ - seems to be breaking ST uptrend to form double top with June hi

turtle

All three to be sure it depends on weather you want to trade it or not and your time frames etc

On the daily chart we are clearly seeing a resistance level here

A BO above the peak above 1.68 should show us further advances... and a return back in to the channel would show me that it is not ready to push up, but it is still flirting with more gains.... a break of the lower channel for a downtrend

On 15 mins 1.6560 would trigger a sell for me agian

Once again i feel foolish for stating the obvious :eek:

Attachments

• gbpdaily.gif
    gbpdaily.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 361
Don't feel foolish, it's enormously helpful to be able to discuss ideas like this, even if they just confirm your own thoughts. As someone who has studied TA alone it's a breath of fresh air just to be able to discuss the subject :D

turtle

I agree find it most helpful & informative keep up the good work NB most appreciated.
newboy :D

gbp
left overnight reversal at 1.6565
also a bit anoyed to find not data a lot of missing data :(

The Euro/USD was choppy on Friday but there was another nice head and shoulders this morning. I lost a bit on Friday but made it back in about 10 minutes this morning.

Attachments

• 29.9.03eud.gif
    29.9.03eud.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 316
Ive just got the drop on my charts this morning, nice pullbacks on the way down too

Nice Trade BB ;)

Euro/$
I know the chart looks a bit of a mess
Support and resistance level @ 1.1430 a pause before it broke though and a retest after it did break through... straight from the text book!

Attachments

• eu.gif
    eu.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 306