Currency Traders LIVE Head2Head

TPF. I wouldn't worry about it. I agree trade was highly suspect, posted a full eight minutes after the high bid was touched at 1.3660. However, given a track record so far of +13, -25, +15, and +8 I find it difficult to believe you need do any more for the entire rest of the week!.

Not any problem with posting delays at the moment, Compounding.

Did you just panic because you saw the price pull back.

Just caught your little wise posts.

I couldn't wait to exit that trade. My timing for it was all wrong. That whole trade wasn't a trade per se. It was a rescue. I possess that capability, unlike you. I held on to try to get a decent amout of pips before I closed out..don't think the market was gonna go too much higher. Why you think I went back in immediately after I closed?? Look at the logic behind it before you make your discreet insinuations...goodnight.

TPF. I wouldn't worry about it. I agree trade was highly suspect, posted a full eight minutes after the high bid was touched at 1.3660. However, given a track record so far of +13, -25, +15, and +8 I find it difficult to believe you need do any more for the entire rest of the week!.

Overall Trade Record - Located in "Forex - Intraday EUR/USD Trades"

Trade 8:
Short: 1.3655
S/L: 1.3680
Target: Open
Trade Result:
Trade Record: 6-1

Suspect that.

Just caught your little wise posts.

I couldn't wait to exit that trade. My timing for it was all wrong. That whole trade wasn't a trade per se. It was a rescue. I possess that capability, unlike you. I held on to try to get a decent amout of pips before I closed out..don't think the market was gonna go too much higher.

Why you think I went back in immediately after I closed??

Because you saw me go short.

Compounding, your so called track record doesn't mean a thing to me. I have watched your 'live' performance for the day and a bit and it is abysmal. I don't consider myself to be any great trader but even I knock spots off you.

Now go get yourself ready for school, the bus will be along shortly.

Last edited:
Sold GBPUSD 2.0012
Stop loss 2.0046

Total Trades 13
Positive 10
Failed 2

Pips Gained 231
Pips Lost 40

Trading Account 191

hi TPF ...was just looking and analysising some of your trades from yesterday.....the first ones i came across from the day session....a few questions please in a bid to learn.

now i am aware there is no central resource for fx pricing but im curious who your broker is so i can watch and follow your trades with thier price data and get some of that juicy spread you have which at times doesnt seem to exist...lovely indeed.

at point A on my posted chart you state you exited a long trade...this is at the evry high tick and must have been their for seconds merely....what made you exit when the at this high tick when the market was pumping up hard...and how come the spread didnt take it down even a few ticks to price it at say 64 and not 66 even if you did get the high....did your broker price it higher? trade logged at a2 which was almost 20 pips away....again i know this is a pain but does make it hard to follow.

at point b....again you managed to get a high tick to sell from...again the price and spread of you broker must be very different?....registered at b2 on t2w.

at point c....this was your stop on a long trade...howeever on this occasion you dont seem to have been stopped out as you annoounced it at c3 ...some 17 mins later...
now this confuses me as in previous moves th data seems to have gone at least 3 ticks beyond my ticks on metatrader....conistently it seems...but on this occassion it seems to have fallen short of you stop?...i would have expected this price behaviour from your broker to have remained consistent on the swing points.

thanks for your reply ....and look forward to understanding what your watching to get the top and bottom ticks .....and with little or no spread it seems...would love to know the broker please for own benefit and so i can follow your trades more accurately.

i also hope the t2w delays improve as 20 pip movement before quoting on a board doest work to well like we said.btw mirc as i mentioned yesterday is the entry software to t2w chatroom and takes 2 mins to setup...the one i said has the timestamp.would only be to happy to show you how.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_028.PNG
    ScreenHunter_028.PNG
    156.3 KB · Views: 289
Mr Marcus

Can you please delete your very long question.

Post it in the discussion Thread in the forex section relating to this "thread"

I will read it and try to answer when I have time.

You seem to have put a lot of time and work into your "question" I am sure you are able to find a much more constructive way to "learn Forex trading"

Thanks

Last edited:
Mr Marcus

Forex prices do differ considerably at times.

The other points you make are small, almost insignificant when the market conditions are apace.

I can enter and exit at a mere touch of a button, “Technology” takes micro seconds. I have many years experience trading forex I feel I can judge the market’s movements well and have become quite adept at entering and exiting at the highs and lows of particular movements.

Now Sir,

You may see shortly I may be stopped out of my short trade. Will you wish to hold a post mortem following the demise of this trade.

TPF you are doing amazingly well and have certaintly shown Confounded to be the completely deluded fantastist loser that he obviously is.

I do agree with some of the comments above though that this would be so much more meaningful if you just moved the face off into the TW2 competion.

Granted you would both be a day behind so the results would only be compared between the 2 of you rather than the wide field but it would mean that there would be no arguements about prices or rules.
It would also mean that Confounded wouldn't be able to hide behind his ridiculous stance of not letting anyone know how many pips he has made. (This one really gets me - whats the point of winning 6 trades at 1 pip each if you then have 1 loser of 50 !!!! - (yes you have a 6-1 winners vs losers score but your acct is empty !)

Would you consider transferring the contest ?

I agree 29, pity we didn't know the competition was about to start. However I feel it would be a little awkward to change it now unless we credit TPF with the near 200 pips start he has already built up. On the other hand, and just to demonstrate a point, if I were TPF I would simply spend the rest of the week copying composts trades, whatever I thought of them!

TPF you are doing amazingly well and have certaintly shown Confounded to be the completely deluded fantastist loser that he obviously is.

I do agree with some of the comments above though that this would be so much more meaningful if you just moved the face off into the TW2 competion.

Granted you would both be a day behind so the results would only be compared between the 2 of you rather than the wide field but it would mean that there would be no arguements about prices or rules.
It would also mean that Confounded wouldn't be able to hide behind his ridiculous stance of not letting anyone know how many pips he has made. (This one really gets me - whats the point of winning 6 trades at 1 pip each if you then have 1 loser of 50 !!!! - (yes you have a 6-1 winners vs losers score but your acct is empty !)

Hi, 29.

Absolutely. I would have suggested starting in the competition “had I known of its existence before embarking on this outrageous farce” with Compounding.

I agree 29, pity we didn't know the competition was about to start. However I feel it would be a little awkward to change it now unless we credit TPF with the near 200 pips start he has already built up. On the other hand, and just to demonstrate a point, if I were TPF I would simply spend the rest of the week copying composts trades, whatever I thought of them!

Maybe copy the trades - probably not bother with the practice of going to bed the whole time whilst trading for 10 pip gains with 25 pip stop losses though ;)

I am watching TPF's trades live and findng it fascinating - and think the format is fine. I am sitting here open mouthed and hoping to learn something ! (Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth guys - there is the odd delay but come on!)

And I am aware I have broken the rule - but is this thread not for the trades only with discussion/comments elsewhere ? :devilish:

I am watching TPF's trades live and findng it fascinating - and think the format is fine. I am sitting here open mouthed and hoping to learn something ! (Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth guys - there is the odd delay but come on!)

And I am aware I have broken the rule - but is this thread not for the trades only with discussion/comments elsewhere ? :devilish:

Thanks Ziff,

If it is possible to continue here ,without it becoming an utter farce, then I will be happy to plod on.

I am however unsure as to whether Mr Compounding is actually real at this point in time.

Mr Marus,
I appreciate your point and can only say that as we all agreed yesterday this method is not ideal. However from the point of view who is the superior trader of this pair I think you can take TPF's worst possible scenario and he still comes out way on top.

I have looked at the points you mention in your chart and can concur with your findings from 1 broker but I attach the chart from another broker and you will see the difference, I think it is self explanatory.

Edit: damn, perhaps it's not self explanatory. The exit at A in your chart was not the high tick, The short entry at B was not the high tick, the stop at 1.9915 was not touched. The chart is based upon bid prices and is available at admiral investments and securities Ltd. Further you appear to give no time allowance between making the trade and typing the post. As we say, not ideal but the best that could be done at the time.

Attachments

• SP32-20070501-104218.gif
    SP32-20070501-104218.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
hi TPF ...was just looking and analysising some of your trades from yesterday.....

I see. You are suggesting a misalignment of the facts. However your interpretation of only “your own charts, quotes etc” is leading you to an incorrect conclusion. As the documentation is missing a key point. “My charts, quotes etc.

Without lengthy comparisons between these sets of data. No accurate or credible assessment can be made and no adjustments in the points can be made satisfactorily. You are creating an artificial scenario.

You must accept my trading as a whole, and must not single out “cherry pick” particularly, as you see it, the bad points. If the markets are moving quickly and volatility is high, there can be no singular accurate quote. If you get a good quote and your fast “Great” If you don’t and your slow “Tough” FX is not a set priced “Instrument” i.e. (Index futures, Gold or Oil etc)

Sorry I had to edit almost all your quote out. It's just to long winded to post again.