Crude Crude Crude

And that was with 12points spread!! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

So there was an extra £252 i should have got!! :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Not a bad day at all, I don't know if you have tried "Capital Spreads.com" on Crude they are working with only a 5 point spread. I have been on there trading for a while and have found the service they provide to be excellent.

used them before, didnt like layout though and not as fast entery as tradindex.

Is that 5ticks on future though??

I find it fine as with the spread you only drop -5 once the bet is placed, rather than the -12 if you are using a 12 point spread! So this would be saving me in theory 7 ticks before i have even started. I guess as I haven't tried an others I can't really comment, but it seems to be working.

What are other peoples views?

I am with finspreads they are 6ticks
What is the Margin F/S have gone up from 270 times to 400 times Is any other lower?

Ahh yh that the min stoploss as i call it.

Tradindex have £100 margin on oil daily, or £150 on futures...

But you seriously dont want to try oil with 100 margin mate cos the oil will just fk you.

Good to see you are proving everyone wrong - including me, Spanish!

"Margin" refers to how easy something is to spread; for example, Barrels (more often tubs) of Oil that are High in Saturates and Low in Polyonsaturates are known to be easily spreadable.

Commodities that are difficult to spread, (i.e. they are LOW in saturates and HIGH in Polyonsaturates) aren't so popular; From memory, they often are seasonal (slow to move during colder spells); and if a position is left out overnight, it can run away from you. Chaff futures come to mind, but it's been a while.

The term "Margin" was shortened from '79 Down: "Margin Era" anag. - it started in 1979-1980, when pure Irish KerryGold more than doubled from $400 to $900 per ounce; It was about this time that the suppliers decided the market needed something more spreadable, and so the "Margin Era" development began.

I grabbed a long at 14040 at about half 7 uk time just before it shot up 60 points in 15 seconds and i clcked sell straight away.

Ahh yh that the min stoploss as i call it.

Tradindex have £100 margin on oil daily, or £150 on futures...

But you seriously dont want to try oil with 100 margin mate cos the oil will just fk you.

No not stotloss on finspreads they do not have automatic stoploss,
What I mean is how much you have to have in you account x per bet,
say you where to put £1 on oil you would have to have at least £400 in you account
That the margin you need to cover the movment.

No not stotloss on finspreads they do not have automatic stoploss,
What I mean is how much you have to have in you account x per bet,
say you where to put £1 on oil you would have to have at least £400 in you account
That the margin you need to cover the movment.

If you are cute with your entry timing you can get away with a very tight stop. My trade mentioned above was never in red. I was watching 5 min chart. I saw price stall and print 3 bars with very little to no movement. I hit buy and while I was about to ammend my stop to 40 points it just went straight up 60 points so I hit sell. The price could have easily moved in the opposit direction in which case I would have been stopped immediately.

Everyone likes to talk about ATR and range of movement in oil. The point is if you only ever enter with a tight stop then you are risking very little. Yes you might get stopped out more often but it will not be a large amount. Also when you get some profit you can move stop to BE or just close your position. A lot less stressful than watching it for a long time waiting for 100 or more points.

If you are cute with your entry timing you can get away with a very tight stop. My trade mentioned above was never in red. I was watching 5 min chart. I saw price stall and print 3 bars with very little to no movement. I hit buy and while I was about to ammend my stop to 40 points it just went straight up 60 points so I hit sell. The price could have easily moved in the opposit direction in which case I would have been stopped immediately.

Everyone likes to talk about ATR and range of movement in oil. The point is if you only ever enter with a tight stop then you are risking very little. Yes you might get stopped out more often but it will not be a large amount. Also when you get some profit you can move stop to BE or just close your position. A lot less stressful than watching it for a long time waiting for 100 or more points.

I have been trying using a stoploss for the last two days and have never loss as much money may be 20 pips is to close on oil .
I think I should trade something eles but dont know what.

Last edited:
I have been trying using a stoploss for the last two days and have never loss as much money may be 20 pips is to close on oil .
I think I should trade something eles but dont know what.

Ahhhh man... (n):confused:

K well you have listened to what everyone else was saying about usinga tight stoploss, and you have lost lost of moeny haven't you, cos the oil spiked and took out your stop, only then to go back in the other direction that you had chosen.

So if you were still in the trade you would have made money.

You have listend to what others said and it didnt work cos you lost your money... :devilish:

But so tomorrow would you like to follow my style of trading and let me help you by giving you calls on when to enter and exit...??

And then you can compare your profit/loss to how it was when you had a tight stop.

maybe 20 pips is to close on oil .

Btw even if you dont wnat to follow my style and wnat me to give you entery n exit calls thats fine man...,

But please please seriously just promise me 1 think ok....???

DONT EVER EVER EVER TRY AND TRADE OIL WITH A 20TICK STOPLOSS..., NEVER EVER TRADE OIL WITH ANYTHING LESS THAN 300 AT THE ULTIMATE EXTREME MINIMUM.:!::devilish::!:

Seriously bruv i honstly dont wnat to see you lose your money to some spreadbetting firm, but if your trying 20ticks stoploss on oil you will never ever win, cos itd simply be impossible.
My spread alone on oil is 12ticks!! :LOL:

So if you do 20 you will be taken out within seconds everytime mate....,
as oil doesnt move 1tick at a time, it movs 6ticks to 60ticks at a time.

Thats why you need a giant untouchable stoploss on it so you wont ever lose your money by getting stopped out.

again spanish-what happens if your position goes offside and doesn't come back? suck up the loss? pay the margin to the SB'er?

Good to see you are proving everyone wrong - including me, Spanish!

"Margin" refers to how easy something is to spread; for example, Barrels (more often tubs) of Oil that are High in Saturates and Low in Polyonsaturates are known to be easily spreadable.

Commodities that are difficult to spread, (i.e. they are LOW in saturates and HIGH in Polyonsaturates) aren't so popular; From memory, they often are seasonal (slow to move during colder spells); and if a position is left out overnight, it can run away from you. Chaff futures come to mind, but it's been a while.

The term "Margin" was shortened from '79 Down: "Margin Era" anag. - it started in 1979-1980, when pure Irish KerryGold more than doubled from $400 to $900 per ounce; It was about this time that the suppliers decided the market needed something more spreadable, and so the "Margin Era" development began.

Brilliant :LOL:

You forgot to explain to our friend about Calendar spreads, though they are simple:
buy now - pay later
sell now - pay later

Spanish - pay attention and your mansion could also soon be full of tons of Lurpak Lighter Spreadable.