Creating a new free backtester

olikea

Hello,

I've been developing a backtesting platform for a while now, and I am thinking of making a cut down version of it available on the web, for free, using an HTML interface. I would use adverstising revenues to pay for it.

So I would like to get some feedback as to what people would consider useful. I cannot recreate TradeStation or something like that, but I can provide intra-day backtests, and possibly alerts. I can also implement a market scanner, and even a ranking system that will rank financial instruments by a certain criteria, e.g. you could find what has dropped the most in price in the last 15 minutes.

What key features would you like to see:
-Is intra day important
-what built in technical functions would you like?
-Are market scanning/ranking important to you
-What markets would you like covered?
-Would you be willing to pay for a premium version?
-Would you like to have a mobile app that could give you alerts when instruments meet certain preset conditions?

Many thanks for any feedback you can give,

Oliver

Keating Finance

I think day trading is a big area that I would like to test. I was a day trader and when searching for back testing software, it seemed most would cover daily charts only.

- new highs for certain periods (i.e - new 2 day high, 3 day high, 52 week high [lows] etc..)
- market scanning would be good depending on parameters given
- would like Canadian and U.S equities, Forex, Futures
- yes, i would pay if not too expensive
- phone alerts would be great

To do intraday right, you will be adding a new level of complexity to your code.