Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

NVP

Legendary member
37,707 2,066
Forex Diary June 2021

heres the story so far early June .....

My fixstart indicator on chart is available here for £15 donation to charity

I also have many free indicators and advice here if you look in signature area...ive been trading Forex for 20 years (and other markets for much longer)....

Bulls
plenty of low key bull currencies - but the Green USD swing dominated the
week.....then USD crumbled on the Friday NFPs ....

Bears
initial selloffs on green USD but then a dramatic swing happened (see bulls)
Red GBP got hammered on Tuesday ....Turquoise NZD sold off steadily from mid week

overall though so far the first week in june was lightweight for any G8 real range / movement ...aside from USD that swung some 120 pips in week (unusual)

Trend Followers - buying USD in pairs from tuesday worked well till Friday
Mean Reversion Traders - USD on Friday was a killer reversal (but i never advocate trading NFP real time)

im always here to help cut through the Trading BS that represents 95% of all Trading commentary and Social media these days ....absolute Zoo out there .....

N

Attachments

• Forex Diary week ending 4th june 2021.JPG
    Forex Diary week ending 4th june 2021.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 14

NVP

Legendary member
37,707 2,066
hey gang

i know that 8 currencies swinging around any of my indicators looks like a deranged jackson pollock Picture !

its mayhem ! ....lines everywhere !

so remove some ....focus on the currencies you generally trade ....

all my indicators allow this .....

if you want to still see your currencies in relation to all 8 currencies then maybe colour some of them all Grey or something ? ....again the indicator allows you to do this

just a thought
N

Last edited:

NVP

Legendary member
37,707 2,066
hey gang,

heavily tied up on other projects so will not be posting here for a while now.....

everyone knows where to reach me if they need help or advice on my indicators and strengthmeter trading in general

cheers
NVP

kevinberry

7 1
Having someone explaining how correlation trading actually works is awesome. I'm really looking forward to getting answers to average correlation in a particular time frame and what should be a good strategy to anticipate the movements.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock