Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

jeffre5

15 4
hey all ...after a tricky start the europeans have been the buys ....GBP and CHF been best bests so far ...im scalping off USD bear .....cad is very weak .....

3040s was sweet spot to hit cable .....been to 3070s so far
I am struggling here all your comments are after its happened which we can all see

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
Hi there J ...

I dont live call here anymore that much as theres not as much traffic as there used to be ...I used to pull 30+ viewing most mornings when i was calling on trade2win and a lot more on Forex Factory I remember

I think ive had over 2.3 million views now here on this thread

I'm not allowed to say where i live call as that would be deemed soliciting by the Moderators

read the links below and i have a youtube channel and other mediums that become apparent

always happy to talk strengthmeter trading to people if they are curious

N

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
hey all......

been busy trading and doing some coaching as well .....not really had time to post much at all on mainstream forums today

for those scalping the moves have been pretty solid today so far

London session saw GBP pretty weak so some nice sells there against anything really
CAD , USD and Yen prevailed as Bull plays .....

US session has seen a big change around .....GBP swung some 50 pips bull so far on main pairs ....it will have taken a while to accept that move ....it did for me ......

USd has swung some 40 pips south from london highs .......

so cable has swung north some 90 pips since london lows of say 2990s so far ....

i was comfortable getting bullish on cable around 3010 levels ...so 60-70 pips of pretty plain sailing for pm session london time

CAd just kept coming north ...nice moves ........to 30+ pips from 6am london

all happening again as i speak as GBP really coming back north even harder ....

have a good weekend

N

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
hey gang .....im working on my house this week .....cant get around it .....

may get trading room back up again by friday

N

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
what a week ......

i'm covered in paint 24/7 and my house turned into an edition of DIY SOS (7 vans and 10 builders on site was my record on wednesday ! )

despite my brave and valiant attempts to trade everyday I've had to capitulate and just help get the work completed this/next week

i'm also under threat of death from my wife ....who has now been living away from the house for nearly 3 months !

week-wise.... it was relatively stable / undistinguished : -

GBP (red) took progressive bear hits each day ....and not even a small rally on Friday (ominous sign ?)
JPY (yellow) took some nice bull action through week - holding on Friday

both currencies above pretty much mirroring their respective bull/bear pip moves whilst the rest of the G6 played tourist in relatively small ranges

so hats off to the GBP bears / JPY bulls out there ....you made the bucks whilst others that did not play here were left with slime picking indeed

remember ...the FXCorrelator enables trader to find the trending currencies quickly and easily ......why trade pairs that are not moving ? ....tradings hard enough as it is !

have good weekend ....i'll be covered in paint......as usual !

N

Attachments

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
i must say the G8 market has quietened down since UK got the brexit extension....shame

so far since around 6am today the market is very quiet .....only the swissie and yen have been rocking

GBP is comatose so far

so USDCHF one of the primary pairs to trade today ....so far some decent action / signals from around 0104 down to 0070s

sloooooooooow though

N

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
hey gang ....still snowed under with house renovation.....

in my youtube video at weekend i was warning that GBP was ominously weak coming into the weekend indicating more pain to come .....i was not wrong

170 pips south so far ...ouch

N

Attachments

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
usd is flat so far today .....makes me nervous about playing cable etc

since yen has been so bullish this week i like trying to get on it ....and i like EJ for scalping purposes

soooo..........this morning we have yen in bull action again .....

been hitting EJ below 122.60s ........its sold off to 122.44/45 so far so hard work

nothing else firing off as yet ...

N

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
so EJ been to 122.32 now ....a few crumbs along the way .....

USd has finally got north earlier following yen up ......been selling GU from around 2770.......i was a little hesitant on any earlier as GBP was really pulling back .....thought it was going to fake me .....

2753/54 so far .......

long morning ....hard work

N

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
hey gang ....

i said i would be offline for a while ......still finishing my house off and 90% of trading office in storage at moment

I see that this week is moderate in volatility so far ......CAD is the hot bull and GBP now getting sold off harder

we are midweek and the next 24 hours are always interesting re the markets intentions into last 2 days

im not really in market at moment ....shame as some nice trading today on those currencies above

talk soon.......always happy to answer questions here on at my website gang

N

Attachments

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
hey gang

im still finishing my house ......but clearly gbp is getting hammered at momnet so i did do some private trading a few days last week

heres the tale of the G8 since june 16 .......GBP saw worse lows back in OCT 16 ....but lots of noise at moment that its struggling in 2019

usd and euro doing ok in 2019 so GBP is looking real bad vs them .....

I have no idea what GBP is going to do in the wake of Tersa may now stepping down and the circus beginning on the new leader roadshow....bloody circus as the vultures all queue up

so just trade what you see .......i always do .......if GBP continues to fall sell it ....if it rallies buy it .....

have a good week guys
N

Attachments

FxPipser

15 1
you really believe that correllations working? any real results ?
i tried to code 5 different robots based on different correlation ideas ... similar to your indicator...not profitable at totol auto, correlation work some period then fundamental killing this in 5-10 minutes

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
Hi There FXP

sure I have used correlation as part of my trading strategies for 20 years now ....

however they will be at best average in raw forms if used alone ......

all of my linked free systems and indicators available here and in other places (that I am not allowed to mention in breach of prospecting rules as applied by moderators at T2win) offer a lot of information on how to incorporate Strengthmeters into trading systems and i have worked with hundereds of traders and programmers over the years to develop their own bespoke sucessful systems

so in answer to your question...........

I have been successful in my trading for many years now, by incorporating Strengthmeter based strategies and indicators

however i also incorporate other indicators, price action strategies and other techniques to augment the core Strengthmeter platform......its a portfolio of elements

Cheers
N

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
also i note
you really believe that correllations working? any real results ?
i tried to code 5 different robots based on different correlation ideas ... similar to your indicator...not profitable at totol auto, correlation work some period then fundamental killing this in 5-10 minutes
as in any system above - nothing is 100% sucessful ........but that period of where things work is what a trader has to find and capitalise on in any system .....thats the edge we all need to become profitable ...........i do the same in incorporating strengthmeters .....find the sweet spot and ignore the others.....as much as possible

thats trading 101....cant become successful without it

N