Corn Technical Set up

WklyOptions

269 24
Which avareges do you guys use for technical corn analysis and why?

Hi, Lsato,

Since the bulk of the liquid corn futures trading occurs in a short 4.75 hour session, I'd suggest the following for technical analysis of corn futures charts:

1. Look at Weekly, Daily, and Hourly charts primarily. You must select out only the best trending chart time-frame. And then exploit pull-backs against that time frame. Train your eyes to "see" the Dominant Trend - this makes for the most easy profit opportunity setups.

2. The Weekly corn futures chart appears to be forming a near Double Bottom formation - another excellent trading pattern that can be exploited. But - you must WAIT until the Double Bottom formation is clearly in place (and it may not even happen).

3. The Daily corn futures chart had a nice trending pattern recently but less so now.

If you must squint, stare, open eyes widely, use magnifying glasses, etc., chances are that time frame is NOT in a clearly trending mode - stay away from it! :eek: :confused:

Beware - don't forget - you must mark out contract rollover dates, and switch only to the most liquid corn futures contract month.

I've seen back-tested research on corn futures data - adjusted for rollover price gaps, etc. All not very good for real high-profit analysis in our experience.

Don't hesitate to post charts here on T2W - lots of expert technical analysis experts here! :)

But for me personally - I only am interested in technical trends/patterns that represent the most "easy pickings" by following the big money trends!

Good luck!

WklyOptions

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock