Contrarian feeling Usd oversold?

PeterTT

87 1
I can see little evidence technically but am I the only one who thinks the Usd is short term oversold? Everyone you see/hear/read in the medai is saying Eur/usd is going to 1.40/1.50 by mid 2004. It just seems to me that everyone must be short Usd at the moment so I think we could get quite a little correction over 1st 2 or 3 weeks of January. .. will be interesting to see .. ,meanwhile I am waiting for a decent chart signal before I go long the Usd.

Peter

Thoth

9 0
I agree...there's a bit of a rally at the moment, but whether it will be a significant one...probably not

Dow Dog

409 0
1.40/1.50 ?

That would be around 2.00/2.15 to the pound. When was the last time it got there ?

foghorn

27 0
It got to 2.00 ish just prior to sterling's exit from the ERM in the late summer/autumn of 1992.

I think you have to go back to the early eighties for higher than that (when the government was pursuing a rigorously moneterist policy and had interest rates much higher than they ought to have been).

Sterling was US$2.40 when the Bretton Woods system collapsed in 1971, and was devalued in two stages from over US$4 immediately after WW2! Until recently the phrase 'long term decline' was rather apt - at least we've not had to knock multiple zeros off the figures like many continental currencies though.

GeckoTime

70 0
"It just seems to me that everyone must be short Usd at the moment "

Peter I think that's what's driving it!! (just like with the dow where everyone is long, however irrational it may be from a fundamental perspective)

Dow Dog

409 0
I was reading somewhere last night that we can expect more dollar erosion ( but probably not a collapse ) and that we can expect another 18 months of dollar weakness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock