Confusion!

JoAnn1974

Hi There
I am a fairly smart person mostly but I have been researching Trading for a while and I honestly don't think it's sinking in that well! I am not sure of the processes and I think many online courses deliberately confuse the participants so that they will part with more money to more indepth courses. I understand this is there business of course! I am just wondering if anyone knows of any very user friendly youtube videos that show how to place a basic trade?

Hi JoAnn, usually timsk our resident "front of house man" has answered your post before now, he is far more eloquent than i, but ill try to help out a bit until he arrives..... personally i found one of the best programs to give you some insight into trading is...

"..

( the full series is available, good watch )

Though it does not show you a trading platform, chart analysis or how to place a computerized trade.

Many members on here trade forex and indices through various different brokers, mainly spreadbet brokers due to the simplicity and low capital that is needed to open an account..your right in respect to " online courses" stick around here and you will soon learn...

Confusion

Thank you for your tips. I am really grateful and will check out the youtube link and come back if I have questions! It's good to connect with some more experienced people!

Jo

you will be able to watch it "fullscreen" on youtube as opposed to the letterbox size above...

Hi There
I am a fairly smart person mostly but I have been researching Trading for a while and I honestly don't think it's sinking in that well! I am not sure of the processes and I think many online courses deliberately confuse the participants so that they will part with more money to more indepth courses. I understand this is there business of course! I am just wondering if anyone knows of any very user friendly youtube videos that show how to place a basic trade?
Hi Jo,
Welcome to T2W.

When you say you're "not sure of the processes" - I assume you're referring to a trading methodology - as opposed to the mechanics of entering and closing trades via an online platform? Trading platforms do vary from broker to broker, although there are some ubiquitous ones such as MT4 favoured primarily by forex traders.

With regard to developing a trading plan which will include a methodology for entering and exiting trades, I suggest you start with the links provided in the welcome e-mail you received when you first registered. Thereafter, if you have specific questions - either things not covered in the links or things that require additional explanation - just post them here.

Hope that helps.
Tim.