Compass FX Trade Room - Ronnie

thinkman

Hi I'm a newbie trader. Just wondering if any of you guys have visited their trade room (they're running a free trial at minute) and what your thoughts are on it?

Ronnie seems like a nice guy and knowldegeable. He has a very conservative trading style though. His results (which he posted) were very good in the first part of the year. But he hasn't been very impressive during the late Spring, early summer. If you go to the room he will periodically post his 2010 results. For July he has around 300 + pips. That's over around 2 weeks since he took a few days off for the 4th. He does limit his losses though. But he doesn't seem to take a lot of trades -- maybe 2 or 3 a day.

Try to do the trial to get a feel for his style. I think Compass charges $99 a month for these rooms so you want to make sure you can trade enough and make enough consistently to cover the entry fee.
Nub

Last edited:
This is how Ronnie counts his pips:

On a winning trade, Ronnie uses his first entry price and the best exit for his pip count. On a losing trade, he uses his first entry price and the worst exit.

Since this does not show what goes into or out of an account, he also shows the real % gain/loss for the day so you'll have an idea of what actually happened in the account.

So really the posted pips that you see in the room doesn't mean anything! It is very misleading! But they show the % change and it is accurate! The room is free, and you can make money but it is very time consuming!

The first post (that I can find) for this 'CompassFX' thread was posted in Feb of 2005.
We are now some 6 years 'down-the-road' from there...
It would be very interesting to see if indeed 'Ronnie' is still here and if so..how his trading has progressed since 2005