colmex

scholfield

Established member
I recently came across this trading/CFD broker?
I learnt of them through watching this guys trading vids on youtube

Is anyone with them?
It appears they offer CFD trading, but with actual market spreads, and a proper fast, direct access platform.

I plan to demo their software at some point, but wondered if anyone has any experience with them.

Their service 'look's and sounds like what I'm after. I'm surprised that they seem to unknown though. Maybe even concerned!

Are there any alarm bells that i'm missing (regulations? place that they're based?) that should warn me off of the idea?

Zero response, so I guess nobody's heard of them. Fair enough.

What checks do I need to make to ensure that my money is safe?

I've been waiting for a long time to see a CFD company come up with a platform than is just like a 'proper' direct access market platform with the same market spreads. I'm not sure how they do it.
People like CMC for example, have their own spreads added onto the market spread. Not these guys.

I'm tempted, but am not sure how safe it all is.

Zero response, so I guess nobody's heard of them. Fair enough.

What checks do I need to make to ensure that my money is safe?

I've been waiting for a long time to see a CFD company come up with a platform than is just like a 'proper' direct access market platform with the same market spreads. I'm not sure how they do it.
People like CMC for example, have their own spreads added onto the market spread. Not these guys.

I'm tempted, but am not sure how safe it all is.

It's just another Cyprus registered 'broker', there's a reason these companies register themselves in 3rd world jurisdictions and it's not the weather. Your money is at risk with all of these offshore brokers. Stick to UK regulated brokers, at least if they steal your money you will have some access to compensation.

It's just another Cyprus registered 'broker', there's a reason these companies register themselves in 3rd world jurisdictions and it's not the weather. Your money is at risk with all of these offshore brokers. Stick to UK regulated brokers, at least if they steal your money you will have some access to compensation.

Thanks for replying.
I guess it's not worth the risk.
Bit of a shame. I thought i'd found what i've been looking for for some time now.
I guess if I ever decide to trade equities, all have to fork up the 25k and trade with someone like IB.

Not true! I have an account with Colmex since 2008. Colmex is an EU regulated financial institution, which means that when you deposit funds with them, your funds are insured up to 20,000 EUR, and held in segregated bank accounts. If your funds are EU insured - you are fine as long as the EU don't go bust.
Is it better to trade with a UK broker and see your money disappear on spreads? Is this a good insurance? This way your money will be lost for sure, with or without insurance :)

Not true! I have an account with Colmex since 2008. Colmex is an EU regulated financial institution, which means that when you deposit funds with them, your funds are insured up to 20,000 EUR, and held in segregated bank accounts. If your funds are EU insured - you are fine as long as the EU don't go bust.
Is it better to trade with a UK broker and see your money disappear on spreads? Is this a good insurance? This way your money will be lost for sure, with or without insurance :)

Each to their own. I wouldn’t take the risk. It’s £50k insurance in the UK.

Don’t Colmex charge a spread?

Each to their own. I wouldn’t take the risk. It’s £50k insurance in the UK.

Don’t Colmex charge a spread?

They don't charge spreads! However, they charge 0.8 cent/share, which equals to a 0.8 cent spread. I used to trade with IG and paid an average of 10 cent spread, so it looks like I am now saving 90%+ on my commission. I moved to Colmex 3 months ago and so far very happy. One problem is: they don't have Forex on the same platform, so I still use my old IG account for FX trading. They also charge $13/month for US market data, while some other brokers don't charge at all.

Colmex- money insured?

Does anyone know how this 20k euro insurance work? I am with IB right now but they are super slow. Planning to move but this 'head office in Cyprus' thing itching in my head.

Cyprus has turned the financial services industry around in the past few years, Colmex nor its cliemts were affected during the crisis as the majority of funds were held in HSBC London. Further the Investor Compensation Fund is a Government scheme that insures non-professional investors up to €20,000 in the event of the failure of the broker. If you would like further details please feel free to contact me [email protected]

The platform is very good indeed. Much like proper direct access platforms like sterlin, instaquote etc, used by pro day traders.
Need a few little tweaks here and there in my opinion, but very impressive.
People who are used to the antiquated platforms used by popular CFD/spreadbet firms will love it in
my opinion.

The commissions are around 1c per share I think (?), but I think you can get around half price commissions from someone like IB with their CFD's (0.5c per share). Also there is a small cost for data feed. Think this might be free with IB?

There is also the concern about regulations/safety etc. More investigation required on that issue for me

I would still stick to UK CFDs brokers as they are well regulated and the funds are protected up to £50k! I am not a CFDs traders (just a forex and spread bettor) but here is a list of UK CFDs brokers with good reputation in the industry

in between, I think IGMarkets has the best platform!

All the best:)

I would still stick to UK CFDs brokers as they are well regulated and the funds are protected up to £50k! I am not a CFDs traders (just a forex and spread bettor) but here is a list of UK CFDs brokers with good reputation in the industry

in between, I think IGMarkets has the best platform!

All the best:)

Maybe for swing trading.
For daytrading, the UK brokers are unusable in my opinion.
Gigantic spreads compared to the underlying (IB and colmex have the same tiny spreads as the underlying), and the platforms are a world apart from a direct access trading platform (which is what the colmex platform has copied) in terms of speed.

Maybe for swing trading.
For daytrading, the UK brokers are unusable in my opinion.
Gigantic spreads compared to the underlying (IB and colmex have the same tiny spreads as the underlying), and the platforms are a world apart from a direct access trading platform (which is what the colmex platform has copied) in terms of speed.

Every person has diffrent methods to jugde and review the best broker. I personally use IG Index and Capital Spreads for my spread bets and I am happy with them, and yes you're right, they are good for swing trading purposes

I have been watching many Colmex videos, and love the layout. So simple to use, and very fast.

Does anyone know of a platform similar to theirs? Simplicity and Speed are my desires.

I live in the United States

colmex platform

I looked at Colmex Pro as well - it looks like a great platform... does nobody else use it?

Hello Sextimmy,

I have just read your query about colmex. If you are still interested

I can tell you for direct experience, that everything you see in the video is true.

I used to have an account with them, I honestly haven't found anyone else so correct and transparent and also convenient (no hidden costs and very easy and understandable commissions structure with real spreads). I have compared a lot of brokers before opening an account with them.

You can make your own idea about them for yourself asking for free (absolutely free, no credit card or else required or asked) a demo account at this link

https://www.colmexpro.com/registration/demo/?cmpn=70120000000xnth

You can also contact Meir to ask for a free trial access to his trading room so you can use the platform live together with him and check it for yourself without any risk and/or obligations.

Meir is really nice and down to earth, I have never had a single problem with their Customer Service, they always replied almost instantly and with extreme courtesy.

And I can also tell you that, when I had to temporarily close the account for personal reasons, I have got my money back absolutely with no problems and even after that, when I needed some documents, they always answered exactly with the same courtesy and transparency.

You can also ask to be contacted by them via this form

http://lp.colmex.com/lp/pages/70120000000xntm_main.html?c=creative

You can also check me via skype if you want to be sure that I am real and honest.
Have a nice time
Antonio

Colmex platform

Hello eager2learn,

I don't think there are platform as fast and simple with no distracting frills like Colmex and it is true it's a direct access platform.

But you can verify it yourself asking, completely for free and with no obligations, to open a demo account at this link

I attach you the answer I also gave to another forum participant about colmex.

Have a nice time

Hello Sextimmy,

I can tell you for direct experience, that everything you see in the video is true.

I used to have an account with them, I honestly haven't found anyone else so correct and transparent and also convenient (no hidden costs and very easy and understandable commissions structure with real spreads). I have compared a lot of brokers before opening an account with them.

You can make your own idea about them for yourself asking for free (absolutely free, no credit card or else required or asked) a demo account at this link

You can also contact Meir to ask for a free trial access to his trading room so you can use the platform live together with him and check it for yourself without any risk and/or obligations.

Meir is really nice and down to earth, I have never had a single problem with their Customer Service, they always replied almost instantly and with extreme courtesy.

And I can also tell you that, when I had to temporarily close the account for personal reasons, I have got my money back absolutely with no problems and even after that, when I needed some documents, they always answered exactly with the same courtesy and transparency.

http://lp.colmex.com/lp/pages/70120000000xntm_main.html?c=creative

You can also check me via skype if you want to be sure that I am real and honest.
Have a nice time
Antonio

I have been watching many Colmex videos, and love the layout. So simple to use, and very fast.

Does anyone know of a platform similar to theirs? Simplicity and Speed are my desires.

I live in the United States

Hello Scholfield,

https://www.colmexpro.com/registrati...0120000000xnth

http://lp.colmex.com/lp/pages/701200...tml?c=creative

Have a nice time
Antonio