CMC UK - any advice?

dont like their platform and IMO manipulate prices to **** and stop hunt you, aswell as endless re qoutes...having a better experiance with IG atm

CMC are the kings of the re-quote in my opinion. They are OK for swing/position trading, but i wouldn't use them if you want instant accurate fills. They gave me £200 so i shouldn't really grumble about them too much!

If you are an active/prof trader - CMC = nono
If you are a scalper - CMC = nononononoNOOOO

Infact if you are a scalper any SB - nono (b/c they are all market makers. they Make their own markets)

if you are a long term position/swing trader as UK tradergirl said....you might want to check them out...its ok but nothing special.

I used to have a massive account with them on behalf of investors. terrible experiance on scalping - I lived to see requotes/offers, and also got requotes/offeres on closing positions. but could live with for swings/positions.

i see. i will stay away from cmc uk then.

how about etrade uk? are they any good? i'm planning to trade forex, commodities, etc

Out of all the brokers I have tried IG are the only ones to offer instant or near instant execution and not had a requote yet, bear in mind I'm not trading huge size atm at £2 point, When/if I start to notice difficulties I'll hop on over to futuresbetting.

Other brokers all requoters are

CMS Forex
Alpari UK
iii Spreadbetting (IB for City Index I think)

I've never been requoted on IG either. Most i have betted is £50 a point but that hasn't been often (normally betting £20 a point and under). I never did more than £3 a point with CMC because i was too scared!

try £300 a point on FTSE 100 if you really want to be scared

talking about scared, i cried when it didnt work out.
im not joking, i thought i was in for a heat attack. it knocked a few years off my life that week.

I've never been requoted on IG either. Most i have betted is £50 a point but that hasn't been often (normally betting £20 a point and under). I never did more than £3 a point with CMC because i was too scared!

Wow nice going Tradergirl didn't realise you traded such size, i'm impressed (y)

IMO CMC requote all the time compared to other spreadbetting firms, and i always seem to get slippage on exit too. I only use them about 10% of the time compared to others.

hi UKtradergirl,

so it's IG Index | Spread Betting | Financial Spread Betting that's working right for you? is their spread good? how about their platform(i.e. charts, studies, etc)?

is it true that spreadbetting is taxfree?

thnx

Yes that is the company.
It is working well for me.
Their spread is 'average'- there are much better spreads out there but you usually pay for this in other ways (requotes, slippage, etc). So good spreads doesn't necessarily mean the cheapest trading.
The platform is the best out there by far in my opinion. The charting is good and you can place trades directly through the charts.
Spreadbetting is Tax free in the UK. You are not in the UK so i don't know- it depends how your country classify spreadbetting, is it classified as gambling like here in the UK, and if it is does your country charge tax on gambling? If anything, it is quite likely that you may have to pay tax, so check this out carefully. If you do have to pay tax then you may be better off looking at CFD's instead. (IG also offer CFD trading)