Clinton's Tweet Sends Biotech Stocks Down

ishi_trader

Clinton’s comment on Twitter sent the 144-member Nasdaq Biotechnology Index down 4.7 percent to 3,556.58 at 1:08 p.m. in New York. Is Twitter really a financial source?

Last edited:
Bill and Hillary are known to be the biggest fibbers on the planet. But they still have clout in democrat circles. Wonder if the old dodger had a trade on ? Everything is a source, just how big is the question. If it is big enough to move the markets then it has to be backed with money. Whose money is another question.
Might be worth following his tweets.

Agreed, following these kinds of tweet can be helpful e.g. a Wall Street guy made 2.4M in a day just with a tweet. But also a question arises how can we follow each and every person on Twitter for (financials). It's highly impossible to track every single tweet as we all know there are lots of Spam and due to which it's ought to happen we miss such kind of tweet.

Another instance Twitter's stock was down 20% after a tweet. Elon Musk tweet about a product line and Tesla was down 4%. Many made money and many lost.

Agreed, following these kinds of tweet can be helpful e.g. a Wall Street guy made 2.4M in a day just with a tweet. But also a question arises how can we follow each and every person on Twitter for (financials). It's highly impossible to track every single tweet as we all know there are lots of Spam and due to which it's ought to happen we miss such kind of tweet.

Another instance Twitter's stock was down 20% after a tweet. Elon Musk tweet about a product line and Tesla was down 4%. Many made money and many lost.

There are robots bounded with HFT software which are analyzing content in twitter (and sort key tweets by special ranging algorithm). It happens in a matter of second so to have an edge over them you need to do a deep research on some sectoral companies and key persons who can move their stocks.
Just my two cents :)

This tweeting business and yes I think it is turning into a business is getting a bit murky as the organised gambling gangsters move in on an opportunity.
We will probably never know how much is paid and to who for tweeting up/down a stock until one surfaces but I expect the figures are well into the millions.

Can the suits stop it ? A bit twicky I would say. But may be worth a look until they try.

So the people to follow are :-
Musk
Clintons
Jim Rogers
Bill Gates
er anybody else ?

These are the influencers and yes should be followed. But theres no end to following influencers and good research analyst am studying over this Twitter power.

The ECB has stated that Twitter has a statistically significant predictive value for share prices in the USA, Canada and United Kingdom.
What some prominent people are saying on Twitter is definitely having a major impact on the stock markets. Rather than flip a coin, one can just seek out Twitter.