Classic British sports cars

Pat494

Legendary member
14,437 1,518
I was watching the 3 amigos on telly yesterday testing out 3 classic British sports cars plus some history and visits to their now defunct factories. A Golden Age when the UK was at the top of the car markets. What ever went so disastrously wrong ? From heroes to zero in an amazingly short space of time.
Was it :-
1. Poor management
2. Stroppy workers
4. Lack of investment
5. ???????????????

Here is the same prog on the great U tube ( love their content )

rossored

2,105 56
6. Failed to adapt to the Japanese, Germans, French and most everyone else, who began producing better cars?

Pat494

Legendary member
14,437 1,518
Years ago ( 1960s)I bought a MGB GT. A lovely looking car but the engine had very little oomph.
I bought it without paying purchase tax in the UK, so I had to export it within a year. The destination was New Zealand.
It was white with a stylish black interior. I used it there for 2 years and sold it for more than I paid for it before returning to the UK. I expect it is still going there.

Pat494

Legendary member
14,437 1,518
One could probably make a decent living doing up classic sports cars and re-selling or flogging spare parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock