Cityindex; beware!

City always gives spot-on fills... until you make a series of winning trades, when you suddenly start getting a point or two of slippage for no apparent reason. As dd says above, this is more of a concern than a rogue spike, which is pretty easy to prove.

City always gives spot-on fills... until you make a series of winning trades, when you suddenly start getting a point or two of slippage for no apparent reason. As dd says above, this is more of a concern than a rogue spike, which is pretty easy to prove.
The problem today is the fixed narrow spreads, they simply cannot cope with it without playing some sort of games. Maybe the clients hunt for narrow spread (I'm just as guilty) is taking the best out of them. Maybe the future of Spread betting is companies Prospreads and Lmax.

I dont use spread bet firms because i know they will sometimes take out my stops with their made up bad pricing.

And you didnt even have any stops in! and they still closed you out.

You were lucky in that it was a large price spike, so easy to prove.

But they can skew their prices by a just a few ticks and take out a nearby stop, whereas a real stop order on the exchange would not have been hit in that instance. Those cases will be harder to prove.

These spread bet firms have a licence to steal!

What products do you trade?

The problem today is the fixed narrow spreads, they simply cannot cope with it without playing some sort of games. Maybe the clients hunt for narrow spread (I'm just as guilty) is taking the best out of them. Maybe the future of Spread betting is companies Prospreads and Lmax.

I wonder if that is the case. There is no doubt that the increase in number of SB companies has forced them to be more competitive but I don't think that there is any danger of the biggest going broke.

I wonder if that is the case. There is no doubt that the increase in number of SB companies has forced them to be more competitive but I don't think that there is any danger of the biggest going broke.
Real narrow fixed spread gives re-quotes and price no longer valid messages. Not to forget to mention what will happened during news releases when the real market spread is widened.:)

Real narrow fixed spread gives re-quotes and price no longer valid messages. Not to forget to mention what will happened during news releases when the real market spread is widened.:)

But the real masrket does not widen for very long. We all have heard that the spreads available with brokers are fractions of a point. Of course, brokers trade futures--- Cash and rolling trades are an SB thing.

Maybe you are right but, at present, I am not worrying about it. Maybe, because I am 80! :)

But the real masrket does not widen for very long. We all have heard that the spreads available with brokers are fractions of a point. Of course, brokers trade futures--- Cash and rolling trades are an SB thing.

Maybe you are right but, at present, I am not worrying about it. Maybe, because I am 80! :)
Ha ha.

I'm talking about when stops get slipped a point or two during quiet trading, even when the price quote only flicked to that level for a fraction of a second.

I'm talking about when stops get slipped a point or two during quiet trading, even when the price quote only flicked to that level for a fraction of a second.

I've had the opposite happen to me, too, and I'm sure that you have. The price goes within one tick from my stop and then reverses into profit. Often, I wonder why they did not go that extra tick and stop me out.

I know what you mean and, sometimes, I think that they are gunning for me but it works so many times both ways that I have discarded the idea.

I've had the opposite happen to me, too, and I'm sure that you have. The price goes within one tick from my stop and then reverses into profit. Often, I wonder why they did not go that extra tick and stop me out.

I know what you mean and, sometimes, I think that they are gunning for me but it works so many times both ways that I have discarded the idea.

I don't take it personally, Splitlink, and have occasionally had positive slippage, but I believe the platform has the capability to move the goalposts, if needed.

I don't take it personally, Splitlink, and have occasionally had positive slippage, but I believe the platform has the capability to move the goalposts, if needed.

Of course, you are right. When you come to think about it, there is the old story of the conman teaching another how to offer 10 coat hangers for 10 pence and, then sending 10 nails. The other one said "What if someone complains?" and he answered "Send him his money back, of course!"

OP complained and got his money back. :)