City Index MT4

Another SB embraces MT4. Anyone tried it?

no but I presume its only available for certain indices and forex and cant be applied to all their products?
I'd give it a go, without using the trade from the chart functionality which will no doubt be a part of it

I would give it a blast but not sure if this is actually a spread betting product? Seems to be just standard FX account.

As most SB companies are now offering MT4 can someone tell me whether it covers most of the stocks on the LSE as I am in the UK and only trade stocks and shares.
Thanks
Ian

As most SB companies are now offering MT4 can someone tell me whether it covers most of the stocks on the LSE as I am in the UK and only trade stocks and shares.
Thanks
Ian

I know this is a bit late but GKFX offer a lot of UK shares as well as plenty of other countries too. I have looked at a few other SB mt4 brokers and they don't all offer the same variety.

Why does IG have higher spreads if using MT4 instead of their own web platform?

If that is the case then perhaps they reason, quite rationally in my view, that those using mt4 are more likely to be using automated order placing algorithms which will be less 'sensitive' to pricing anomalies favouring the broker.

If that is the case then perhaps they reason, quite rationally in my view, that those using mt4 are more likely to be using automated order placing algorithms which will be less 'sensitive' to pricing anomalies favouring the broker.

I keep reading about SB platform anomalies. How and why does the industry allow this? e.g. Stops being eaten at night on the FTSE, wierd spikes, order delays and price changes.

How is this allowed to happen? Is it because some auditer or FCA dude cannot read 100,000 lines of code in software?

But why would they do this if they get enough from spreads?

Last edited:
I keep reading about SB platform anomalies. How and why does the industry allow this? e.g. Stops being eaten at night on the FTSE, wierd spikes, order delays and price changes.

How is this allowed to happen? Is it because some auditer or FCA dude cannot read 100,000 lines of code in software?
I can't comment of any of the specifics you mention as I don't know the details, but in general nothing on an SB can be considered an anomaly. The SB has a business model - to take your money. It's an excellent model and if I had the wherewithal and funds to set up something along those lines, I would.

During prime trading hours they need to be competitive with other SBs so your exposure to what you term anomalies are going to be much less. And a spike is only 'weird' if your SB is the only one showing it. I have had this situation with OANDA where they alone appeared to have a spike in a trade which took me out. They agreed it was anomalous and scratched the trade for me - even though their T&C do not make that a mandatory requirement on them.

If you are unhappy with your current broker than shop around. There are a number that appear to have high customer satisfaction ratings, although the SB space itself does seem to be a little thin on the ground for quality of customer satisfaction.

GKFX MT4 is the best SB UK company so far for the UK, US and Germany equities day trading, one click trading, EA and more.....

Usually the brokers do this to offset the cost of them using mt4. They obviously have to pay the metatrader developers for it's use whereas they don't pay anyone anything for their own platform.

GKFX MT4 is the best SB UK company so far for the UK, US and Germany equities day trading, one click trading, EA and more.....

I don't know about day trading but I have had no problems so far for end of day trading (ie entries on the market open or pending orders)

GKFX are fine for intra day holds and swings but definitely not suitable for any sort of scalping due to long execution delays and dreaded requotes.

On the plus side withdrawals and deposits are lightning fast.

I was having a look at ETX's new MT4 offering but 2 points on DAX?