Chinese numbers

jaykay3

chinese numbers

Thank u for all the excellent info re this system - u lot are clever. I am currently on a free trial & your calculations have been invaluable to me - I even laughed when the e-mail came through for today's nos cos I knew what nos it would say and lo & behold.........
However I now have another teaser for some clever soul to work out - the latest service about to be launched by these people is going to be called CHINEXNUMBERS. The system aims to take larger profits by leaving the bet to run unattended & generally left to close out at the end of each day. There will be either a buy or a sell signal each day but not both. They have sent examples going back to 2001 but I can't for the life of me work out how they have got the nos or how they decide whether it is a buy or sell day. Here are a few examples:
Date O H L C Buy Sell
30/09/03 4148 0
29/09/03 4157 4191 4136 4143 0 0
26/09/03 4202 4202 4147 4157 0 4199
25/09/03 4237 4237 4177 4202 0 4235
24/09/03 4222 4266 4222 4237 0 4219
23/09/03 4228 4252 4201 4222 0 4225
22/09/03 4257 4257 4198 4228 0 4252

07/07/03 4022 4077 4021 4075 4025 0
04/07/03 4025 4032 4002 4022 4030 0
03/07/03 4007 4032 3981 4025 4013 0
02/07/03 3964 4026 3964 4007 3973 0
01/07/03 4031 4041 3952 3964 4039 0
30/06/03 4068 4099 4022 4031 4071 0

Hope this is enough info for you clever lot out there. Thank u for saving me the monthly fee on the chinese nos bit.

JK :p

I am also on a free trial JayKay.

Which thread shows you how to calculate the numbers ?

Personally I do not like the Chinese Numbers system because the stops are so tight.

The Chinex numbers system will suit me much better ( the stated 4 years of results are very impressive too ) but it would be even more impressive if we can find out how the numbers are calculated.

( the stated 4 years of results are very impressive too )

Take these with a pinch of salt! They worked out the profits for chinese numbers using the most possible point gained in a day. That is useless as you would have to know the high or low of the day to make the most possible points. I don't expect this system will be able to produce the results they claim in the real market.

As for working out their new numbers, I would put them in a spreadsheet and work out a formula that replicates them. Might have a look if I have nothing better to do.

Try asking them for proof of actual trades and see what the profit figures are.

It would be interesting.

Im also on the free trial and there figures are not fair and hugely exaggerate any gains!However the chinex numbers sound more interesting are they advertised anywhere?When are they going to be launched?

They give you the salt in bucket loads when you sign up for the free trial. They send you a very long email explaining how their points recording system works and you are left in no doubt at all that the maximum points gain ( MPG) is impossible to achieve. The potential purchaser is not being misled or taken for a ride.

I personally have set myself a target to achieve around 30% of MPG which I reckon would be pretty respectable.

Also, I have always found the owner of this system to be very responsive to questions and very up-front about his system. I doubt very much that he will provide trading records in the same way that Mr Charts and Naz do not provide proof of trades. It is a private matter.

As for the new Chinex system, the recording system is more verifiable since the daily trade, if triggered, will close out at the day's closing price.

I am not trying to defend this system as I personally don't get on with the Chinese Numbers system. But I might try their new system - before I do I will try and see if I can "rumble" the system by analysing their almost 4 years of provided data.

Neil

Chinex Numbers is not advertised. They are only available to existing members of Chinese Numbers at the moment and will start in about a week from now.

Better you sign up for a free trial of Chinese Numbers and ask if it will include Chinex Numbers.

I save the FTSE intra day charts so if someone can email the data to me, I will have a look at the charts and see if the trades look worthwhile. Do they use stops?

A FREE set of figures, similar to Chinese Numbers are posted every day at
http://www.signalwatch.com/markets/markets-dow.asp.
by Ed Downs of Nirvana Systems.

Mondays figures are already posted.

Their accuracy?? - They show their previous 2 weeks postings for anyone who wants to check.

(This was posted to Indices thread by mistake a few moments ago)

I have just looked at their so called track record for Jan 2003

There were 22 trading days, 3 day of which produced no profit, this leaves 19 days.

In their literature they say they aim to make 10 points on a trade, this would give a profit of 190 points for Jan yet they advertise 910 points for the same month.

On one of the days they claim to have made 4 points, this I think would be imposible because in the how we trade section they say they wait untill the cash price hits the target, at a certain cash price the spread-firms quotes are usually higher in a rising market.

If it is so good why do they have to give such mis-leading information, back-testing and actual trading is totally different.

Hi all,
Thought you all might to know this but I am starting to trade live using Chinese numbers with four other people on Monday. We have each pledged £1000-00 and see how we get on.
My brother ITF Daddy has been testing this system since mid August and with a paper stake of £5000-00 :rolleyes: the fund has grown from £5000-00 to £25619-00. We have applied some additional money management (which we felt was lacking from CN) and have decided not to trade the last 15 minutes of the FTSE and the last 30 minutes of the DOW as they tend to be a bit erratic. Now whether we get the desired prices when we 'go live' from the spreadbetters will be another thing.
I will therefore post our results at the end of November which will also include our outgoings i.e eSignal package and Chinese numbers subscription for all to see.
FTSEBOY

Bigbusiness. I was interested in you idea re formulae and Excel.
Can I ask you what method you would use to calculate a formulae from a series of numbers.. Thanks.

ZigZag,

I just use trial and error. I make a guess at the parameters and then change them until my results get close enough to the actual numbers to make little difference. As this lot used pivot points for their previous system, it probably wont be that advanced. There is a good chance that they have taken another free system and fudged it a bit.

FTSEBOY,

Good luck but doing this with a spread bet firm will be much harder than paper trading. I looked at chinese numbers for two months using charts I had printed out. One month made a reasonable profit but the second month was very poor. You also have to sit at the screen all day for most of the time waiting for the entry price and hoping the spread bet company hasn't skewed the price too much. Trying to use a tight stop is not much fun as the spread and the quote fluctuation make it impossible in lots of situations.

Chinex Numbers

Bigbusiness said:
I save the FTSE intra day charts so if someone can email the data to me, I will have a look at the charts and see if the trades look worthwhile. Do they use stops?

Hi Big Business,

I have e-mailed you the info to look at if you get bored with watching Pop Idol.

Thanks for replying to my query re Chinex Nos. If it wasn't for people like you then mugs like me would keep on getting ripped off out there. I have attached the complete e-mail from chinex nos with their explanation of the new system. I have actually made a small profit with chinese numbers to date but I do have the chance to watch my spread bet account on a fairly regular basis at work. But hey thanks you lot have already saved me the £60 monthly fee & I laugh when I keep checking their previously sent numbers to my newfound calculations and they are always the same. Thanks.

Regards

Jay Kay

Thanks for the info. I will have a look if it rains tomorrow. Looks odds on at the moment :)

Looking at the results, their best year gives around 2,000 points less profit than the free Index king system makes. Not that impressive.

Last edited:
No, it gives trades every few days. But the results are more impressive.

http://www.winning-spreadbets.com/statistics.htm

Hugo did have an impressive day trading system but I think he was told off by his mentor for publishing the entry points.

I worked out a good system with a friend that made lots of points when paper trading until March this year. But the past few months it has not worked. That is part of the problem with back-testing, a lot of the time the system is not as good when you try to trade it. The volatility of the Dow has gone down in the past few months but it is more like it was a few years ago, before the bear market. If that persists, using data from the past 3 years to back-test a system might not be a good idea.

Having had a look I can't see how they work out if it is going to be an up or down day. But I don't think it is worth using the entries their system produces. To get all the entries you would have to place a stop or limit order before the FTSE or Dow opens. If you don't do this, you will miss all the large gap opening days and the results might be quite different. I am sure that several times the futures would trigger a stop or limit order before the open but the actual cash index would not trade at the entry price. The only way to test this strategy properly would be to get hold of futures data or the spread bet data.

They have assumed that every trade is executable but the futures often gap up or down after the close so this is a false assumption.

They also don't account for the times when the spread bet will be entered but the cash price hasn't hit the entry point. As the spread can be 10 to 20 points above or below the actual index at times, that is going to cause problems.

So I don't think it is worth going any further with this. The system made 650 points on the 17/9/01 according to their records. To get that you would have to place the trade as the two planes crashed in to the twin towers on 11/9/01. A classic example of how back tested results have nothing to do with reality! I would knock 1,000 points off their records just for the week after 11/9/01 as those entries would have been impossible.

I am sure that the actual results of trading their entry points would not be very good if they used the correct data and allowed for missed entries and false entries.

Chinese Numbers and Chinex

What do people think of these?

The Chinese numbers seem to be something to do with support/resistance. Can anyone confirm the agebra used for these and what happens then?

Anyone figured Chinex yet? :?: