Cheapest SB on small Caps

nigelpm

What is the cheapest way of holding a small cap (outside FTSE350) share through a spreadbet for a period of at least six months but possibly up to a couple of years.

Does anyone offer daily cash bets that auto roll?

I've had a quick look at all the websites but they are a bit of a minefield and clearly don't like to advertise their costs.

It would be useful if people who have these accounts could give "live" examples of their spreads and indicate financing/rollover costs.

Everytime I've looked before spreads have been horrendous and rollover costs not brilliant either.

I currently use IG Markets to hold my small cap stuff but I pay dealing commission and LIBOR + 2.5% to hold. However, I do get market spreads.

Of course I also have to pay CGT though ;-(

nigelpm said:
What is the cheapest way of holding a small cap (outside FTSE350) share through a spreadbet for a period of at least six months but possibly up to a couple of years.

I've had a quick look at all the websites but they are a bit of a minefield and clearly don't like to advertise their costs.

It would be useful if people who have these accounts could give "live" examples of their spreads and indicate financing/rollover costs.

Everytime I've looked before spreads have been horrendous and rollover costs not brilliant either.

I currently use IG Markets to hold my small cap stuff but I pay dealing commission and LIBOR + 2.5% to hold. However, I do get market spreads.

Why don't you pick up a thing called a telephone and call up the companies....

nigelpm said:

I'm fairly sure than only Man group offer small caps (other than IG who I use, agreed expensive re roll-over charges).

Give them a call. Have a look at my thread "cost of spreadbetting" for my examples, but be aware that I've only got IG as examples for small caps.

Note IG's futures bets are more cost competitive if holding for 1wk plus. The finance change is much nearer to LIBOR.

All the best.
UTB

Robertral said:
Why don't you pick up a thing called a telephone and call up the companies....

LOL!!

Because as I've often found out (from doing said activity) they don't like to explain their costs!

Try it and you'll see what I mean!