Cheap UK Futures Broker....

ceydababy

Experienced member
I'm looking for a cheap futures broker based in the UK. I've looked at Mirus, Velocity and Infinity and they're all based in the USA.

It appears that there is a bundle of paperwork and hassle to get an account in the USA so if there is a broker in the UK offering similar commissions to an American broker could someone point me in that direction.

From browsing online it appears the UK Brokers are bloody expensive.

Any help much appreciated.

TIA

Hello Mark,

Cant help with your question but how the devil are you old boy. When your next down pop in, the kettles always on. Caught up with Richard and Harrison the other day for a drink.

Lee

Hello Mark,

Cant help with your question but how the devil are you old boy. When your next down pop in, the kettles always on. Caught up with Richard and Harrison the other day for a drink.

Lee

I'll buzz you tomorrow mate.

I'm looking for a cheap futures broker based in the UK. I've looked at Mirus, Velocity and Infinity and they're all based in the USA.

It appears that there is a bundle of paperwork and hassle to get an account in the USA so if there is a broker in the UK offering similar commissions to an American broker could someone point me in that direction.

From browsing online it appears the UK Brokers are bloody expensive.

Any help much appreciated.

TIA

Interactive brokers (UK) any good?

Interactive Brokers

Are there no other deep discount brokers like the op mentioned that offer $500
day trade margins. Its funny how only the US has them. IB intra-day margins are so
expensive.

Ged

I've looked at Berkely futures but they are bloody expensive. I think Interactive brokers want an opening balance of £10k. I'm looking for something smaller around $5k max (or equivalent in £GBP)

It does appear that the US has this market sown up, possibly because you can't spreadbet in the USA so they need to make the Futures product more accessible.

It would appear that SB firms offer decent spreads on Indicies but on Commodities the spreads are awful.

I've looked at Berkely futures but they are bloody expensive. I think Interactive brokers want an opening balance of £10k. I'm looking for something smaller around $5k max (or equivalent in £GBP)

It does appear that the US has this market sown up, possibly because you can't spreadbet in the USA so they need to make the Futures product more accessible.

It would appear that SB firms offer decent spreads on Indicies but on Commodities the spreads are awful.

Look at CFD's ?

Hello Matey
Check out AMP, I think they are the cheepest discount broker (in the US). NinjaTrader | AMP Global Clearing (FCM)
If you are going to do all that paperwork it may as well be worth it.
Im not sure UK brokers or subsidiaries offer the same protection.
Example: MF Global USA clients have been repaid over 80% and will get over 96% back
MF Global UK clients - so far 0 dollars returned thanks to incompetance of KPMG

Last edited: