CFD's and company takeovers , help !!

t2winjoe

2 0
hi all,
brand new to T2WIN , i have seen similar question to mine from 2013 but it is unanswered . I had a long postion in bwin.party who were taken over by GVC ,
the deal was approx 0.231 gvc shares + 25p for every bwin share.
On the last day bwin were traded , bwin closed at 124p & gvc approx 435p
I received an open position in GVC @ 428p , but no mention of any cash return.On querying this with my broker i got the answer below :

Broker :
124 (Bwin closing price) - 25 (cash offer) = 99
99 / 0.231 (GVC share ration) = 428.57 (opening level of GVC)

with the following quote :
" Due to this, when the GVC position was booked onto your account you will have immediately been running a profit."

My brokers seem to say i am not due any cash part for the deal .
i believe the calculation should have been ( for example of 20000 shares )
20000 x 25p= £5000 cash + ( 20000 x 0.23 = 4600 gvc shares ) open new position of 4600 GVC shares at 435p.

Q. Does this make sense ???? am i missing something . does a long cfd position not mirror & entitle the owner to all financial benefits as if they held the actual shares ?? as you can see it would be a big loss to me ..( 5k cash in exchange for a 7p better opening level in GVC ) . thanks in advance for any feedback .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock