CFD Brokers - Overnight Financing Charges

The Protected Trader

Hello CFD Traders

I am Trading CFDs with IG Markets and Saxo Bank and my Financing Charges are LIBOR +2.5% with IG and LIbor + 3% with SAXO . I tend to hold my CFD positions for more than a few days and financing costs add up!
What is the best Financing Rate available from CFD Brokers in the UK?
Is the rate negotiable depending on your account size and number of trades you do?
Is there a CFD Broker that allows you set your own Margin?
ie Borrow only what you want to instead of 100% of the position?

With MSFT at $28 - CFD Margin 5% (IG markets)
I buy 5000 MSFT = $140,000 I get Charged interest on the whole $140,000!:-0

So the CFD brokers "LEND" you the whole lot - even though you may have $100000 in your CFD account! :mad:

What is the BEST CFD Overnight Financing Rate Available in the UK?

The Protected Trader

Last edited:
CMC offer the facility to choose the amount of leverage you want (to the permitted maximum).

"Pay less for financing your positions. Customisable margin can save you money, as you only pay interest on the leveraged portion of your initial trade, whether the price goes up or down. For longer term investments, you might prefer less leverage and to use more of your own money to reduce overnight holding costs. You can even choose to outlay the entire amount of the position (100% margin) and reduce your financing cost to zero. Trade using no leverage or significant leverage: the decision is yours."

CMC offer the facility to choose the amount of leverage you want (to the permitted maximum).

"Pay less for financing your positions. Customisable margin can save you money, as you only pay interest on the leveraged portion of your initial trade, whether the price goes up or down. For longer term investments, you might prefer less leverage and to use more of your own money to reduce overnight holding costs. You can even choose to outlay the entire amount of the position (100% margin) and reduce your financing cost to zero. Trade using no leverage or significant leverage: the decision is yours."

Thanks - I will check the platform out - First time i have seen this with CFDs

The Protected Trader