CFD and Spreadbetting broker for expats

gekkosluvchild

Is it ok to Spread bet and use CFD with most of the major SB firms if you are a UK expat living in asia ?

Which companies are ok with it ?

Is it ok to Spread bet and use CFD with most of the major SB firms if you are a UK expat living in asia ?

Yes there are some problems here. I think forex trading in India is not allowed, in fact it could be labeled as a criminal offense, and I am quite sure SB is not legal. CFDs might be possible, but not sure about this either, as UK firms is not present in India.

Last edited:

Probably depends on which country you’re based in. For example, I would imagine that countries like Burma, Afghanistan, North Korea (!) would be on the ‘banned’ list – I assume the reason for this would be the difficulty they’d have in enforcing a legal agreement.

If you read the disclaimers at the bottom, it usually says they don’t deal with anyone from the US. Not sure why, probably legalities.

I suppose it’s a case of trial and error. I’ve used Accendo Markets, IG, Alpari. Give them a go, see what happens! Good luck.