Candlestick charting patterns for stock trading?

Fugazsy

Veteren member
3,661 677
I find candlestick charts very useful and mostly I trade the 5m TF.

The close is very important to me, as the size of the body and the size of the tails.

I divide candlestick in "trend candle" and "doji candle', a doji candle is a range candle, a doji in a trend is a flag.

Yes, prices are continuously but at some point they accelerate and it is there where I want to get in and candlestick helps me to do that.

Last edited:

tokyojoe

Established member
874 289
I am learning candlestick charting patterns for short-term stock trading right now. I would like to know what you guys think about it. Is it a good parameter for technical analysis? Do you recommend what resource to learn about candlestick charting patterns? Thanks.
If you are going down the short term daytrading route, then as a resource I can only recommend your own live exposure (& to start with, very small real £/$) to get a feel for the way price moves & the way you react to being exposed to the open position.

Daytrading is hard, sometimes very hard depending on your vehicle of choice, people may try & tell you different but each day produces different scenarios, different speeds of flow, differing & varying price structures.

Every form of TA, formation of price, every trap, snap crackle n pop is covered by the banks/brokers snakes n' shakes.

Try & also focus on the price itself, rather than just a particular way to view it (candlestick, tick.. whatever)

It will take a while to bed down into a style that suits your particular circumstance.

Try not look too much into other peoples way of trading, my main advice is do it yourself. Watch how price reacts & moves in (what will soon become) obvious areas of interest, you will then move onto being mindful of spoofing, blatant misquoting & many other various forms of trickery (though I realise this may be a little early to mention)

This is a game of tricks, not candlesticks, drill down into the way price moves.

Good luck in your new venture

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock