• New to T2W? Welcome! This forum contains a list of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) that new members want answers to. We don't allow new threads to be created so if you have an idea for a new FAQ please post it in the How the FAQs work thread.

FAQ Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course?

Do you still trade stocks?

I don't trade stocks anymore. I have a stock portfolio as part of my retirement account but those are investments not speculation.

Technical analysis is an easy sell and with more options than there are numbers in the lottery it is like a rabbit hole without an end. Once you enter you are doomed. I don't know other markets well enough to comment outside of understanding correlation and its importance to understanding why fx might be moving in the absence of data releases or an obvious sentiment.

There is a place for technical analysis if it is used correctly. I spent 15 years of my life learning it.

In my view, combining fundamentals and technical work better with FX rather than stocks. With FX, there is only a small universe of Central banks with scheduled news and economic releases. Once you are grounded on the nature of the game, the sentiment and fundamental drivers are more readable. With stocks the universe is too big. Also in FX, the correlation with news is more direct and immediate.

I think what was missed here is that someone fluent with coaching or helping others will identify a traders weakness in no time flat. As long as the priorities are in place, which of primary importance has nothing to do with trading itself (patience, patience and patience) Then the approach or strategy used should be fit like a fine pair of shoes not the other way around. Those are the critical steps to finding a coach/mentor. Those principles take trader confidence which is typically 35% per trade and boost it to 75% in no time. But remove the historical lag of time and you've got real results.

I think what was missed here is that someone fluent with coaching or helping others will identify a traders weakness in no time flat. As long as the priorities are in place, which of primary importance has nothing to do with trading itself (patience, patience and patience) Then the approach or strategy used should be fit like a fine pair of shoes not the other way around. Those are the critical steps to finding a coach/mentor. Those principles take trader confidence which is typically 35% per trade and boost it to 75% in no time. But remove the historical lag of time and you've got real results.

hello nick, are you suggesting your own coaching service?

hello nick, are you suggesting your own coaching service?

No, giving insight to those that look for one, from the host of the garbage that's out there for coaching traders need to find someone that they connect with, not that a buddy recommended. Two different people with different traits and different visual conditions for watching the markets no matter what the trade is on.

You speak of priorities and critical steps but specifically what are you referring to? Are you seriously saying that you can decouple psychology from trading?

Trader Psyche..

you speak of priorities and critical steps but specifically what are you referring to? Are you seriously saying that you can decouple psychology from trading?

absolutely. Let me rephrase it fore you to be clear. Trader psychology is present in all movements, so we can determine what the masses are thinking and their psyche by noise, lack of, clarity, quality in movements etc.

Toxic trader psychology cannot be completely decoupled, but with the right approach - trader confidence can grow from a statistical 40-45% to 85% on a per trade basis. It then becomes a question as to how much you're going to make and not a question 'if' you're going to make it. That doesn't completely decouple the mental conditions of trading but it does build upon it with significant results in very little time.

Last edited:
1. Patience - non market related
2. Patience - trade related
3. Strategy - Stick to it and the rules, don't try to pull trades where they don't exist.
4. Rules - Stick to them with that patience
5. Use NO lagging studies
6. Document to the world every trade and the conditions under which you took it.
7. NEVER trade more than 2 (or monitor) more than 2/3 pair if FX, or instruments if anything else.
IT keeps your focus on the objective.

absolutely. Let me rephrase it fore you to be clear. Trader psychology is present in all movements, so we can determine what the masses are thinking and their psyche by noise, lack of, clarity, quality in movements etc.

Toxic trader psychology cannot be completely decoupled, but with the right approach - trader confidence can grow from a statistical 40-45% to 85% on a per trade basis. It then becomes a question as to how much you're going to make and not a question 'if' you're going to make it. That doesn't completely decouple the mental conditions of trading but it does build upon it with significant results in very little time.

It is clearer. You are referring to both mass and individual psychology.

Re the statistical data, do you have a source for it or is it just your personal opinion? I have done significant reading in this area and have never seen any research data on it.

1. Patience - non market related
2. Patience - trade related
3. Strategy - Stick to it and the rules, don't try to pull trades where they don't exist.
4. Rules - Stick to them with that patience
5. Use NO lagging studies
6. Document to the world every trade and the conditions under which you took it.
7. NEVER trade more than 2 (or monitor) more than 2/3 pair if FX, or instruments if anything else.
IT keeps your focus on the objective.

Regarding 1 - 4, are you personally in 100 % compliance under all conditions?

It is clearer. You are referring to both mass and individual psychology.

Re the statistical data, do you have a source for it or is it just your personal opinion? I have done significant reading in this area and have never seen any research data on it.

This convo could go on forever..30 years broken down to a few comments lol. i feel like a politician when they say they read the whole 10,000 page document in 2 days.

you can find any client a few percentage points on their performance with reviewing and upgrading the basics.............

but to take a trader from 35-70% as stated would require introducing them to completely new strategies ..........and they may not want to ....especially the old dogs......it takes a huge leap
N

you can find any client a few percentage points on their performance with reviewing and upgrading the basics.............

but to take a trader from 35-70% as stated would require introducing them to completely new strategies ..........and they may not want to ....especially the old dogs......it takes a huge leap
N

If price action is price action, but a 20% increase is found.. it has nothing to do with strategy. Re acquainting yes.

trader coach for what?

I think all this resourses are useful, but the real experience u gain only when u start trading even with the smallest amount

I could not had said it any better. The real experience starts when you start trading a live account. Paper trading is good, but don't get caught up in it. Like the poster said being honest with yourself is a very big key in trading keep a journal it will pay big dividends.

I could not had said it any better. The real experience starts when you start trading a live account. Paper trading is good, but don't get caught up in it. Like the poster said being honest with yourself is a very big key in trading keep a journal it will pay big dividends.

Sure the real work begins live trading ......but a lot of the drilling and discipline will still be gained from extended demo training ....a lot of trading is about drilling in consistent execution and processes .....and that is always available to pr@ctice offline in demo

N

I would recommend Nial Fuller" price action trading course. I think if you are trading long-term it's one of the best courses you can take. He goes deep in how to acquire price action trading strategies.

He teaches the basics of Forex, have four different price action patterns he uses for his trades and help you how to improve your trading by writing a trading plan and trading journal.

It doesn't matter if you are beginner or experienced trader.

You have to pay for his course, but I don't think it's too expensive and it's worth it.

Check out his website

I would recommend Trading with Rayner he has a Price Action Course. Teaches the basic of price action. There is a small fee for the course, but well worth it. Check out Trading with Rayner

LRA looks like trading support resistance levels off extended retraces ?

I’d recommend throwing an RSI 2 in the mix

N