• New to T2W? Welcome! This forum contains a list of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) that new members want answers to. We don't allow new threads to be created so if you have an idea for a new FAQ please post it in the How the FAQs work thread.

FAQ Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course?

Inspiration and motivation - they don't even need to be trading related, they don't need to be paid for, and they may not even know the role they are playing
( mentors that is).

The hunger must come from the individual, first and foremost.

agreed ............mentors will recognise this and demand it before they even consider helping............raw talent is a must as well ....waste of time all round to try to teach people who will fail

N

apologies if somewhere here in the midst this was the point of the thread ...........I thought it was just about chosing to mentor people

cheers
N

The title implies paying/getting paid : Mentor , Coach , Trading course .

Hi,
Ask yourself honestly....are you asking this question because you feel lost when it comes to trading?

It takes a long time to work out your own style, what your inclined towards in terms of methodology,

But at the end of the day.....if you bother to go through the actual process of getting to this point,

You will be able to answer the questions you need answered by yourself.

No person trades like any other person....there is a good reason for this, we are unique individuals.

So how can you expect to be taught a complete method by any one person.

You may find, as I did, that you study many....reject most, and stick with maybe two or three mentors

whose styles your happier following and then adopting to suite your own style.

If you can't be bothere going through this process, and it's not just learnings echinacea ability,

It's learning all the aspects of trading that can't be taught, it's ironing out the kinks in your own

Psychology and gut that help and hinder you.....it's the streetwise stuff that is as important.....

You have to lose money over many years in some cases to learn what not to do. We are stubborn

creatures,

There are for most of us no short cuts.....

You can't beat the best by being a short cutter......or lazy

If you give up before you've sweated through this process, and felt like giving up many times but got

back up to try and try again.....then you'll probably not make it......it's not for everybody.....

I won't give up.....ever.........what about you? Ask yourself honestly....then get back to doing the hard

yards ok ......no secrets to be learnt here......

There are many brokers that provide trading education courses. You can find in some website as: orbex, babypips, etc.

There are many brokers that provide trading education courses. You can find in some website as: orbex, babypips, etc.

that's the basics - I am assuming that people here are looking for mentors to make them consistently profitable

and profitable for real - not the mickey mouse training institutions out there regurgitating bland basic strategies for top dollar charges which can be found for free if you look hard enough

N

people that teach are failed traders

never forget it

Looking for easy money

people that teach are failed traders

never forget it

Looking for easy money

generally yes .....agreed

the key is to nag a successful trader to death until he or she mentors you ..........ive been lucky in this over the years with some great traders who have been kind enough to help and advise me on my path .......and all for nothing .......unlike the trainers out there charging for the regurgitated nonsense:smart:

N

I think will better if we thinkng simple in business, learn from coach is good also if coach having good understanding, it will boraden insight, but about skill trading , might will better if we built up our own skill with self learning with practice making trial and error

IMHO people that are trading coaches / mentors are not a failed traders! There is really a point in making a comparison about coaches in some other professions that haven't had a professional career in that profession. Some people fulfill their purpose by teaching others and they draw their inspiration for seeing other succeed. In that spirit, I would conclude that trading mentor / coach knows the underlying principle and has been trading, but has stopped whatever the reason might be - it is too harsh and too general and too imprecise to say that they are all failed traders.

Likewise, it is questionable whether is it valid to ask mentor / coach for his evidence of profitability, he should be asked for the references / testimonials of his students. But as all mentors / coaches have their own business they are free to make their own claims about how successful they are. Centralized service which could assess their success and gather ratings of their users would benefit the newcomers in pursuit of tutors. What do you think about such a service?

The best way to learn trading is find a mentor to show you on the real account and real time. not many do that

I do teach very good friends only for free on the real account and real time, because I have to show my bank statements for at least last ten years trading results

one of my friends' son just left this morning for Tokyo after a week real time coaching. other methods is open a real account with small money and try it yourself with a bit help like t2w forum or some good paid live trading room.
result here http://postimg.org/image/rl1rlsz6z/

other methods is open a real account with small money and try it yourself with a bit help like t2w forum or some good paid live trading

This is the approach I have decided to take. I don't know anybody that trades that I could ask for help. Everything else I have done as far as hobbies go I have taken this approach. I bought it. Joined a forum and started learning as I go. It's worked good so far. I hope this goes the same way.

This is the approach I have decided to take. I don't know anybody that trades that I could ask for help. Everything else I have done as far as hobbies go I have taken this approach. I bought it. Joined a forum and started learning as I go. It's worked good so far. I hope this goes the same way.

it is very simple actually..once you learn some good basic chart skills (use google search) and only risk a small % of your money on each trade

forget all the hype and idiots who post rubbish about nothing..do your research..line up your trades..take them..win or lose..move on..repeat..repeat..repeat..the more you do..the better you get..if you do not get better then change your research and trading approach until you are making money with every sample set (sample set size will depend on approach taken and frequency of trading)

that is it really..simple and effective..but..not too many will commit..as most want the easy way out..being..please show me what to do..which..is but a very small part of the learning process..the real learning comes from winning and losing money..nothing like losing money to wake you up to reality

beware sellers..as previous poster is 100% correct..sellers are not very good at trading..if they were..they would not have to sell anything..think about it..it is common sense..and..beware most of all those who have links at the end of their post..as they are bad sellers..and they are the worst of all

if you want some basic help..pm me and i will send you a link to a very good document in relation to charting from a large financial institution..but do not post any details about it here..as the sellers will grab it and rehash it to try and make some money..it is not the holy grail..but it is a very good starting point for someone with very little experience..gives you a defined structure to follow..which is required in order to make money trading

knowledge

No one can!
Read and learn how to trade,open a demo account,try it out,ask us for some advice,you will make a couple of mistakes-but its OK,you need to educate yourself. :D Be modest in the start, you need to know you're weakness. Make youre own strategy, try out another strategy...KNOWLEDGE and patience. Read economics news etc,etc.etc.
If u need a buddy for conversation and tips-you can share you're tips with me,(im trading in my free time) u can add me on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/lehel.varga.10
cheers