Can we trust forex Brokers?

But not all will be able to afford to invest this kind of money for trading. :|

No Sir problem. You too use Bitcoin for plenty profit in mind. Turn billions into millions pronto soon. We use say you too easy fast profit system for bitcoin in trouser pocket no problemmo. Easy afford invest bitcoin billion to get miilion end trade soon time methink yes can do sooner than you wink my eye(y)

I think we should trust on our broker.If we are making profits the broker would also be getting some advantage then why he\she would broke our trust.

I second the guy who asked you if you have any other option: How else do you expect to make your trades?

Yes we can trust our brokers as long as we can trust the level of diligence we employ in the market. I have seen traders eat unhealthy leverages, still their accounts remained nourished. What I'm trying to drive at is that if you are professionally cautious, keep safe boundaries, respect your stop loss, hedge as the case may be, you could trust your broker. This inappropriate fear has bemoaned the forex, inflicting heavy casualties on brokers not regulated because they chose to keep to their flexibility, multidimensional services etc I realised that even some unregulated brokers are more honorable than some of those under regulatory umbrellas. As some regulated brokers rage against the forex peace army because they blow too loud their warning trumpets. Some regulated brokers like the Instaforex however regulated is on the blacklist of the FX peace army. What does this imply?
this one just been made to pay up. http://www.futuresmag.com/2013/09/20/the-blotter-fxdd-fined-274-million-by-cftc?t=regulations

No other go, we need to have some broker to trade by investing our fund. Hence invest the money into one of the regulated brokers so that your funds may be safe.

Hi everybody!

Suppose one becomes extremely successfull trading currencies and lets say he becomes a millionaire:cool:. How will the broker react? Will the trader come in the broker' s radar, and the broker start manipulating the trading platform against the trader. Will the trader be able to withdraw large amount of money?
Our loss is their gain so how can we trust them?

depends what platform you are on .........and it wont be the same one(s) from start to finish of the journey

N

Same old story, defrauding clients using asymetrical slippage. It's exactly what FXCM and others have been fined for. I'm quite sure they all do it, they just haven't all been caught yet.

I think with all brokers its not "if" theres manipulatoin .......its simply "when" they will get caught.......;)

so whene do we all open that brokerage business ?
N

Hi everybody!

Suppose one becomes extremely successfull trading currencies and lets say he becomes a millionaire:cool:. How will the broker react? Will the trader come in the broker' s radar, and the broker start manipulating the trading platform against the trader. Will the trader be able to withdraw large amount of money?
Our loss is their gain so how can we trust them?

Interesting question.

With most (not all) retail platforms you will notice s l o w e r less precise fills the higher up the notional value food chain you go. That is because retail brokers do not execute your position against the true Interbank market. Your question actually proves that when any retail forex brokers promises you that they are offering you true "interbank rates" that they are lying through their marketing and advertising materials.

Why? Because while they promise you that you are trading true interbank, at the very same time they limit the size of a single trade to X number of lots. If your trade was being executed against the real interbank market, there would be no maximum limit place on a single trade sizes that resemble anything even remotely close to Lots.

To get around this, most of these retail brokers force you to break-up your position into multiple (independent) trade executions, each one no greater than their Max Size Limit Per Trade.

There is also a huge difference between being having an account balance of a million dollars and trading a cost basis of a million dollars. Maximum retail leverage in the U.S. is now 50/1, or a 2% Margin Account restriction. You could have a million dollars in your trading account (something I would NEVER suggest with ANY pure retail forex broker), but that does not mean that you using a million to make a trade. You could have a million account balance and only use a thousand to place a trade.

The key question is, what's the maximum notional value allowable under a specific retail platform. In most cases, long before you get to that value, you will start to notice considerable negative slippage, off-quote fills, partial fills and lagging fills.

It is best to get out of Retail Forex entirely after reaching the $300k total balance level. If you have traded your way up to $300k from a four or five digit universe, then you have earned the right to make the move to an institutional platform, or what is more appropriately called a "Commercial Account" with some intermediaries. Get as far away from the retail game as possible when you get near this level. There are some good Prime Broker accounts and platforms that can be had at this level without the legal hassles associated with trying to open an "institutional account" on an so-called "institutional platform."

Ask your broker what is their Max Size Per Trade Limit. With one bucket shop posing as an honest broker on this forum, their stated limit is roughly 21 million. In a 2% account (50/1) that's $420k margin used to make the trade. So, if all you have is $1mln in your account, then your cost basis in that trade would be roughly 50% CB using semi-round numbers.

Again, the point is that you will not even get close to 21 million notional on most retail bucket shop platforms without encountering serious resistance in various forms as mentioned above and you can see just how incredibly far away that number is as compared to 1 Yard, which is $1bln notional - something you won't see anyone doing on a bucket shop trading platform.

$300k is a good number to start thinking about jumping ship and going PB. You can have a million total balance inside a retail account, but who on earth would ever trust a bucket to that extent? You need a PB on a real institutional or commercial platform at those levels.

If we don't trust forex broker, how can we trade forex?

Homework. They are limited in number but there are some retail/commercial intermediaries you can trade with having a degree of confidence that your execution and pricing is being handled as straight forwardly as possible. But, you have to do the homework.

To find a forex broker you can trust, you have to go to the source.....that's the CFTC, who "regulates" forex brokers...Well, personally, I use thinkorswim for forex trading, but each to their own.

Always go with a regulated broker whom you can trust.I trade with an FSP broker and I am pretty satisfied trading with them.