BYD CO LTD - where can I buy shares in the uk?

johnh77

Hi all,

I’m new so please bare with me if this is a stupid question…
I’ve so far tried 3 platforms to buy BYD CO LTD shares!! Vanguard, Interactive Brokers and IG (Google makes it look like they sell these shares but I opened an account and they don’t).
They’ve offered me a CFD account but can’t you lose money out of your account with CFD’s? I’m not sure I understand them properly so I’d rather actually own the shares.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
It’s a huge electric vehicle manufacturer, I feel like this should be easy. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi all,

I’m new so please bare with me if this is a stupid question…
I’ve so far tried 3 platforms to buy BYD CO LTD shares!! Vanguard, Interactive Brokers and IG (Google makes it look like they sell these shares but I opened an account and they don’t).
They’ve offered me a CFD account but can’t you lose money out of your account with CFD’s? I’m not sure I understand them properly so I’d rather actually own the shares.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
It’s a huge electric vehicle manufacturer, I feel like this should be easy. Am I doing something wrong?
I see in etoro.com that stock can buy..

IMG_20230325_170934.jpg

Ahhh okay thanks. I need to wait for my driving licence to get back for the photo ID to make an account.

Can anyone help with this trade on etoro. It’s showing orders received. Does that mean my trades have been placed or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• 1CDDE7F2-3B59-48BC-90C8-EB2B2AF4AB57.png
    1CDDE7F2-3B59-48BC-90C8-EB2B2AF4AB57.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 56
Can anyone help with this trade on etoro. It’s showing orders received. Does that mean my trades have been placed or am I doing something wrong?
No you should be good. Btw what the roi right now in this investment? Hi there, I think it's a good idea. While both prop trading firms and trading platforms such as cTrader desktop tool can be useful for traders, they serve different purposes and are not directly comparable. The choice between them depends on an individual's investment goals and preferences.I would probably go with prop trading firms rather than this software.

Last edited:
No you should be good. Btw what the roi right now in this investment?
I’ve only made 2 trades. Tesla while it’s down but I know it’s going to fly as legacy manufacturers have soo much stock they’re going to have to sell at a loss.

And BYD I’m up, I don’t know how to read it to be honest I’ll post a picture. But again I know it will do well for the same reason as above but they’re making profit on cheap cars and building loads. And also using sodium powered batteries in cars and obviously sodium is cheaper than lithium.

I want to invest in CATL the battery tech company but can’t work out how to do it.