Buying shares in Bankrupt Company

Nowler

Experienced member
Hey folks,

Do any of you have any experience in buying shares in companies that have filled for chapter 11?
What were your experiences?

Me gustaría que tenga en cuenta que como administrador de negocios y para cuando se encuentre en este entorno, una empresa puede desarrollar un plan de reorganización y continuar operando. Las deudas y contratos existentes, incluidos los contratos con sindicatos, se renegocian.

It's possible.
At first I laughed when Hertz was pumped up 700% after it filed for bankruptcy. I assumed it would disappear.

I still think it's unlikely that they survive this, but since they are allowed to raise 1 Billion in new stock, they have just made themselves more attractive to someone in a position to buy them out, or merge.

Hertz is a globally recognized name.
You would have to spend a lot of money to get a brand to that level of recognition.

I'll repeat: it's unlikely that they will emerge from this, but they are 1 billion better off than they were before the judge gave approval to sell more shares.

If you have plenty of spare cash there must be great opportunities to buy up companies. Many of whom would have been going concerns but for the virus.

Me gustaría que tenga en cuenta que como administrador de negocios y para cuando se encuentre en este entorno, una empresa puede desarrollar un plan de reorganización y continuar operando. Las deudas y contratos existentes, incluidos los contratos con sindicatos, se renegocian.
I would like you to keep in mind that as a business administrator and by the time you are in this environment, a company can develop a reorganization plan and continue to operate. Existing debts and contracts, including contracts with trade unions, are renegotiated.
As per google translate.