Build Neural Network Indicator in MT4 using Neuroshell

I didnt buy so I wouldn't know. What exactly happens when they get unzipped successfully and then disappear? Do you see the files in the folder after they are unzipped?

I didnt buy so I wouldn't know. What exactly happens when they get unzipped successfully and then disappear? Do you see the files in the folder after they are unzipped?

No files in supposed folder.
I hope the vendor will reply soon.

Hi Pat,

All the code are located in the excel add-in (xla files). If you can break the VBA password you can see all code inside. (even to change demo became full version:devilish:)

There are several limitation: maximum only 4 layers of network, 100 hidden neurons.

With the similar method, manually we can use Excel Solver add-in to generate neural network.

I am verifying how good excel solver to find each weight and bias values on a configured NN (prediction or classification).

No files in supposed folder.
I hope the vendor will reply soon.

Attachments

• 4CastXL VBA.png
    4CastXL VBA.png
    222.3 KB · Views: 569
  • Using 4CastXL.png
    Using 4CastXL.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 523
  • Using 4CastXL MSE.png
    Using 4CastXL MSE.png
    26 KB · Views: 496
  • Using 4CastXL output.png
    Using 4CastXL output.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 390
There is always no perfect prediction..but prediction may help us

Imagine what action you will take if you see only price movement ... someone may assume the price will go up and other thinks will retrace...

Attachments

• where price will go.png
    where price will go.png
    11 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
The prediction may provide a better clue what action need to be taken..

Attachments

• Using indicator may get right direction.png
    Using indicator may get right direction.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 430
And here is the result ...

I will act only after my indicator (big red dot for Sell and big blue dot for buy)...its might be better than only watch the price movement....

Attachments

• Result.png
    Result.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 519
for inputs to your systems, do you use indicators from metatrader or neuroshell?

Hi NSvv,

Currently I generate input and output data for my net are coming from MT4. There is possibility to generate inputs from NS2, but we need to know the formula of each indicator. On realtime you will have benefit to generate inputs and deploying trained net to generate predicted output all in one MT4 chart.

For anyone who wants to create NN in Excel, hope this one will be useful...

I attach also the sample data for playing ...

Attachments

• Create Neural Network in Excel.pdf
    781.8 KB · Views: 20,479
  • Mackey Glass Data.csv
    20.8 KB · Views: 308
I don't have the indicators on my chart as you do. Did I do something wrong. I copied the templates correctly as you indicated. What could be wrong pls?

Hi ForexLion,

I put my own indicators on my chart.
Which templates you mean? Sorry too much things posted here.

To have indicators, at least you should have ex4 on your MT4\experts\indicators folder then insert them on your chart.

I don't have the indicators on my chart as you do. Did I do something wrong. I copied the templates correctly as you indicated. What could be wrong pls?

Thanks for the reply. I have just one indicator, the neurotrend ex4. What I mean is how do I get the remaining two indicators. By the way, the neurotrend indicator is equally good, but the other two in your last posts would be helpful as well. If you can provide the settings, may be I can place them myself. Have a great day

My method covers the following:
1. Trend follower, trend or macd
2. Volatility indicator, I use volatility indicator (entropy, ADX, etc)
3. Fast signal, I use (RSI, stochastic, etc)
But all of them using prediction indicator.. the setting are follows predicted output setting

Thanks for the reply. I have just one indicator, the neurotrend ex4. What I mean is how do I get the remaining two indicators. By the way, the neurotrend indicator is equally good, but the other two in your last posts would be helpful as well. If you can provide the settings, may be I can place them myself. Have a great day

what time frame do you fancy ?
On my manual system I have found it prefers say daily to 1 hourly

I prefer my chart set on 1H time frame, one of the reason is because all my indicators are developed on this time frame.

Time Frame

And here is a paper which analyze how often to sample so which TF to use.
Answer is simple: sample as often as possible.

The Author of the paper is a Princeton Uni professor pretty famous in econometrics world so perhaps he knows what he says...

Krzysztof

Attachments

• sampling.pdf
    600.1 KB · Views: 1,397
Re: Time Frame

Nice paper Kryzs...beyond my programming capacity to implement it on MT4 code :( But removing the noise is the main keyword...

Anyway here is my update development info...:idea:

And here is a paper which analyze how often to sample so which TF to use.
Answer is simple: sample as often as possible.

The Author of the paper is a Princeton Uni professor pretty famous in econometrics world so perhaps he knows what he says...

Krzysztof

Attachments

• Neural Network MT4 Indicator Development update May 2012.pdf
    109 KB · Views: 1,113