Bryce Gilmore Trade To Win nomenclature question

No Quarter

Hi, probably simple, but I missed it. Bryce in his text frequently uses the "hat" symbol, and I don't understand, e.g. 1014^6. The 1014 is the price, but I'm not sure what the 6 is?

Hi, probably simple, but I missed it. Bryce in his text frequently uses the "hat" symbol, and I don't understand, e.g. 1014^6. The 1014 is the price, but I'm not sure what the 6 is?

I have not studied Bryce Gilmore's work other than knowing that he was into geometry and angles that were popularised by Gann. The story is that the key to unlocking the secrets of Gann was in the scaling factor when applying the methodology of Gann. The scaling factors are unique to the instrument types and that mean the scaling factor for commodities is different to that of indices and to stocks. The hat symbol that you mentioned, I believe is the scaling factor.

I have not studied Bryce Gilmore's work other than knowing that he was into geometry and angles that were popularised by Gann. The story is that the key to unlocking the secrets of Gann was in the scaling factor when applying the methodology of Gann. The scaling factors are unique to the instrument types and that mean the scaling factor for commodities is different to that of indices and to stocks. The hat symbol that you mentioned, I believe is the scaling factor.

Subsequent to my post, I did a quick review of Gilmore's books. In his book "Geometry of markets volume 1" page 73 he did discussed scaling by instruments but that is not consistent with your example. In short, I stand corrected and the hat symbol may mean something else other than scaling.

Subsequent to my post, I did a quick review of Gilmore's books. In his book "Geometry of markets volume 1" page 73 he did discussed scaling by instruments but that is not consistent with your example. In short, I stand corrected and the hat symbol may mean something else other than scaling.

Well Brumby, thanks for trying :)

Ive scanned several instances in the book where he uses the hat, and it seems to me he's using it as a decimal point? e.g. 1014^6=1014.6