brokers?? GLD/SLV??

fxmade2trade

Sooooooo thinking about getting into options to buy gold and silver could use some help trying to find a broker with low commission and fees. any input would be awesome :eek:

commissions and fees are always negotiable regardless of how much you end up trading. IB is certainly low. I use TOS and Ameritrade always meets me somewhere reasonable if I want commission adjustments.

You'll get this cut and paste job from them the first time you ask
Please keep in mind that there is a lot more to the trade than just commissions. A good fill can often times cover way more than the cost of the trade. It is important to consider the overall transaction cost associated with doing business with a broker. At TD Ameritrade, we only charge for your transactions with no minimums or data fees. You will also be happy to learn that unlike many of our competitors, all our services are included free for all our clients; this means you get free historical charts, free real-time quote data, free access to our version of level II quotes, free access to our Trade Desk (many experienced market makers from the CBOE). Also, we believe the free platform we provide is the best in the industry and the continual, cutting-edge innovation we push out with our products allows us to provide our clients with the best trading experience. Additionally, we offer several promotions including zero commissions to buy back short options for $.05, our IRAs are free, and there are no account maintenance fees.

You just need to be persistent.

+1 Thinkorswim - for trading options, simply the best platform, fairest prices and great fills.

+1 Thinkorswim - for trading options, simply the best platform, fairest prices and great fills.

What do you mean by great fills? Are you more likely to get filled on Thinkorswim than other brokers (like Interactovebrokers, MB Trading and etc)? And why?

It's not a matter of fills vs. no fills...
I have 2 accounts with other brokers and with Thinkorswim you will get a better Limit order price filled and sooner not to mention their platform is super detailed, stable and is super fast.

I can comfortably trade and still be adjusting or sending Limit orders 15 seconds before the bell without too much stress, with the other two I am starting to get worried with 5 minutes spare and typically prefer 10-15mins left of trading to organise an order and to ensure or try for a fill. One of these has cheaper commissions but it is seriously not worth the discount in commissions compared to the poor fill prices and slowness of platform.

Thinkorswim, hands down.

It's not a matter of fills vs. no fills...
I have 2 accounts with other brokers and with Thinkorswim you will get a better Limit order price filled and sooner not to mention their platform is super detailed, stable and is super fast.

I can comfortably trade and still be adjusting or sending Limit orders 15 seconds before the bell without too much stress, with the other two I am starting to get worried with 5 minutes spare and typically prefer 10-15mins left of trading to organise an order and to ensure or try for a fill. One of these has cheaper commissions but it is seriously not worth the discount in commissions compared to the poor fill prices and slowness of platform.

Thinkorswim, hands down.

Are you saying that you get poor fills because of the slowness of the platforms?

Are you saying that you get poor fills because of the slowness of the platforms?

No I am saying the poor performing platform is an issue, to me speed is everything but that they don't fill as easily or for as good a price, of course the fills are worse because they have to touch you up in order to cover the cheaper comms or to just make more money :sneaky:

One other aspect to consider depending on account size is PDT rules. If you don't have capital requirements you'll have to go with a broker that won't recognize PDT

Thank you for all the responses it worked out well!!!
We had a fantastic run for eight weeks holding short at $1309.88 when closed at $1191.50 with a gain of 9% My new position stands, GLD June. 19,2015 calls strike 114.00, price $6.60 bought long.
http://depthtrade.blogspot.com/

Hi

Hiya, I am based in UK (West Midlands). I would like to do Options trading. Which platform are you using.

I would like to use ThinkorSwim but it seems UK residents are not allowed to open an account. Is this still the case?

Hiya, I am based in UK (West Midlands). I would like to do Options trading. Which platform are you using.

I would like to use ThinkorSwim but it seems UK residents are not allowed to open an account. Is this still the case?

I use Interactivebrokers. I have never used TOS and I don't know the rules in regards to UK residents.

I used to use optionmonster 2 years ago from the UK - have taken a break from trading options recently though

SureTrader is always an option