Broker says I hit SL but it does not look like

737ngx

Hello,
I have a scenario that happened to me last night that I cannot explain.
Yesterday I opened a Sell trade on AUDCHF at 20:37:38 UK time with price 0.69238
I set a SL @ 0.69438 and a TP @ 0.68938
This morning I see the trade was closed because the SL was hit but when checking the history the price did not get
anywhere close to the SL at anytime.
I checked the price on my MT4 and I also checked Tradingview and I see no price spike, what could have happened?

Thanks
Nic

Call them, they must have Customer support and stay on that issue....
Main reason might be if you opened big lot size position and it hit margin call...
As mentioned before you cannot know until you investigate further.

Call them, they must have Customer support and stay on that issue....
Main reason might be if you opened big lot size position and it hit margin call...
As mentioned before you cannot know until you investigate further.
Stop out level*

Hello,
Yesterday I opened a Sell trade on AUDCHF at 20:37:38 UK time with price 0.69238
This morning I see the trade was closed because the SL was hit but when checking the history the price did not get
I checked the price on my MT4 and I also checked Tradingview and I see no price spike, what could have happened?

Thanks
Nic
If you are using a CFD or Spreadbet broker, it is because stops are triggered by Buy and Sell quotes. That is Bid and Offer. Not the last actual trade price in the cash or futures market. These brokers are Market Makers. They do not have to follow exactly what is happening in the real world. The Offer will always be higher than the cash market. The Bid will always be lower. By how much - by half the spread the broker provides. This is a trap for young players. Most people fail to allow for this when setting stops. Also consider that the spread varies and can change after you have set your stops. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks
Nic
How did your broker explained this situation? I think it is better to discuss their response because market moves can sometimes be really unexpected or of its the fault of your broker they may reimburse you