Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Man I got royally screwed over, now do I buy oil cheaper or buy Dow?

Wait out the opening 20/30 minutes and if the no new low buy the Dow. Also if it shows a profit take half of the profit and let the other half run. For eg your making £400 then take £200 by reducing your stake.

Neither.

Last nights shift was across the board...consensus. If the smart money has bailed long, then probabilities might well be downside.

I may have taken a position here, will post screenshot later when I'm back on the computer and been stopped out (y)

Wait out the opening 20/30 minutes and if the no new low buy the Dow. Also if it shows a profit take half of the profit and let the other half run. For eg your making £400 then take £200 by reducing your stake.

I see what you're saying and it's very sensible but for this thread I'm gambling like an idiot trying to score a home run. Every one of us knows I will lose my whole account eventually but it's a good laugh (y) The moment I start thinking I should take profit is the moment I add again:LOL:

I am buying up Dow hoping for a run up.

For me it's still a buy all the way but the swings are so big right now that I'll probably lose the trade either direction

Dow trade looking good so far I’ve accumulated £8 a point long. I will post screenshots later showing all trades including the Oil to prove I haven’t blagged anything

The drop on the open took me out for around £200, I wouldn’t normally do that but the swings are too much and im not dropping my whole account on it. After the massive drop in oil yesterday I’m getting back in Brent. Again, I will post screenshots showing all trades when I’m on the computer and not phone.

I got taken out of Dow by 1 point, no joke. Now I'm sitting here watching the trade that could have been the home run go off without me. Moral of the story... do or die, no regrets.

I got taken out of Dow by 1 point, no joke. Now I'm sitting here watching the trade that could have been the home run go off without me. Moral of the story... do or die, no regrets.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to take a few ticks, and report it here what will rest of traders think of me that I didn't get +50 ticks out of each and every trade. But, I've learned scratch trades can be a trader's best friend.(y)

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to take a few ticks, and report it here what will rest of traders think of me that I didn't get +50 ticks out of each and every trade. But, I've learned scratch trades can be a trader's best friend.(y)

Who gives a f@ck what the rest the "traders" think Pip, no real need to report anything.
Your last comment there about a scratch is spot on, we all know what happened after the event eh ! The shouda couda wouda brigade will let us all know what we should have done !

Sorry Brewski, haven't had a good look through this, are you literally taking a punt ?

Brass bollox if you are :)

Sorry Brewski, haven't had a good look through this, are you literally taking a punt ?

Brass bollox if you are :)

Yeah I can't be bothered with all that research effort just to lose anyway:LOL:

Once the margin changes happen I won't be able to do this gambling system and I don't have the capital to make it worthwhile trading with proper risk so I'm throwing 1k on just to try and get another massive winner.

Once the margin changes happen I won't be able to do this gambling system and I don't have the capital to make it worthwhile trading with proper risk so I'm throwing 1k on just to try and get another massive winner.

haha yep.......but..........if you do research you can go on forums & post charts & theories & stuff......& razzle dazzle the bjesus out of everyone !

I know I'm being a proper lazy b'strd here not looking back through the thread, but when you say "system" & "capital" do you mean you have some sort of set & forget system with high £pp ?

If so, why not just choose a high volume instrument & day trade it with low £pp

Apologies if I'm totally getting the wrong end of it.

I love the concept of taking a K, and running with it.

haha yep.......but..........if you do research you can go on forums & post charts & theories & stuff......& razzle dazzle the bjesus out of everyone !

I know I'm being a proper lazy b'strd here not looking back through the thread, but when you say "system" & "capital" do you mean you have some sort of set & forget system with high £pp ?

If so, why not just choose a high volume instrument & day trade it with low £pp

Apologies if I'm totally getting the wrong end of it.

Lots of nice patterns on charts mean prizes(y)

It's simple really, I just decide how much I'm going to risk and start with a small stake, usually £1-£2 a point with either £100 or £200 risk. Entry price and stop price are completely random. As soon as it starts going my way I pyramid aggressively. I was £12 a point on Brent the other day and £8 a point on Dow earlier. It's not a very good way to trade/gamble and I get the impression I don't need to explain to you why but I notice a lot of people on here just can't understand it and think I'm an idiot.

I love the concept of taking a K, and running with it.

1k isn't going to change my life but 10k will

Lots of nice patterns on charts mean prizes(y)

It's simple really, I just decide how much I'm going to risk and start with a small stake, usually £1-£2 a point with either £100 or £200 risk. Entry price and stop price are completely random. As soon as it starts going my way I pyramid aggressively. I was £12 a point on Brent the other day and £8 a point on Dow earlier. It's not a very good way to trade/gamble and I get the impression I don't need to explain to you why but I notice a lot of people on here just can't understand it and think I'm an idiot.

1k isn't going to change my life but 10k will

Well if you're an idiot I was an even bigger one, I was turning over silly amounts per day at£20 pp on the Dax a couple of years ago.
Too stressful though, turning over 2k to 4k per day to loose £300/£400 one day & make £500/£600 the next etc. I started to loose the value of money. Better to wait for a high volatility/volume day & go in low £pp
Sounds like you're having fun with it at the mo, but just thought I'd mention the low margin requirement route.

There's a guy who goes to the traders meet ups at the New Moon in Leadenhall market, he likes his pyramiding, he gives me the impression he's able to do it regularly enough to make a good second income.

Haha......10k eh now that will give you that margin you're after ;)

Anyway, good luck with it mate, good to see someone with a bit of honesty on here.

Well if you're an idiot I was an even bigger one, I was turning over silly amounts per day at£20 pp on the Dax a couple of years ago.
Too stressful though, turning over 2k to 4k per day to loose £300/£400 one day & make £500/£600 the next etc. I started to loose the value of money. Better to wait for a high volatility/volume day & go in low £pp
Sounds like you're having fun with it at the mo, but just thought I'd mention the low margin requirement route.

There's a guy who goes to the traders meet ups at the New Moon in Leadenhall market, he likes his pyramiding, he gives me the impression he's able to do it regularly enough to make a good second income.

Haha......10k eh now that will give you that margin you're after ;)

Anyway, good luck with it mate, good to see someone with a bit of honesty on here.

I do lose the value of money at times and it certainly is stressful, often I end up with a higher £pp than my hourly wage which is ridiculous as I'm not exactly loaded. I'm not sure what my options would be after these margin changes happen but I certainly won't be able to go higher than chump change and the returns on that just aren't worth the time and effort required to properly trade - £1pp on the Dow would need £1250 margin as far as I'm aware.

When/if I ever have enough capital to make it worthwhile, I'm sure I could do something with this "system" regarding better entries/stop placements but for now I'm just having a laugh while I can. We all know I will likely lose this 1k:LOL:

Screenshot of execution blotter showing all trades taken. Currently back in Brent, I went all in on it so if anyone bothered to work it out you would see that at one point yesterday when I was £4pp I was like £500 down and crying :cry: I only have 2 weeks left to get a runner going so it might end up that I just smash straight in at £50pp/20 point stop (y)

My stop is only 50 points on Brent at the moment because it's Friday and they always make the minimum guaranteed stop distance ridiculously wide later on so it will be adjusted

Attachments

• Trades.jpg
    Trades.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 122
Screenshot of execution blotter showing all trades taken. Currently back in Brent, I went all in on it so if anyone bothered to work it out you would see that at one point yesterday when I was £4pp I was like £500 down and crying :cry: I only have 2 weeks left to get a runner going so it might end up that I just smash straight in at £50pp/20 point stop (y)

My stop is only 50 points on Brent at the moment because it's Friday and they always make the minimum guaranteed stop distance ridiculously wide later on so it will be adjusted

Just a question: You are gambling, no doubt, hard to separate gambling and trading sometimes, however you have got strategy by splitting the stakes, so what's with the gambling strategy? :D