Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Right, so I'm having a look and seeing what I can do for some final leverage abuse. Dow has gone up without me, I'd like to get in again but in reality the swings on Dow recently are too wide for my stops so it's likely I'd just get chopped up either way. This system doesn't work too well on any forex so I tend to stay away from those.

I think my only option really is to go for Oil, it's clearly in an uptrend right now so buying it could be the most likely way to win, we could see Brent pop over $80 again to bust out people who are short. I just need to accumulate the position before the margin changes on July 28th and then I can keep them open until they expire.

I'll throw some cash on there soon(y)

Thrown a grand on, small stake and wide stop for the initial Oil trade but I will be adding aggressively and moving stop closer.

Just for clarity, we all know this is gambling and there's a 99% chance I'll lose the lot but let's just have a laugh for a couple weeks as it's still money I won from them last year (y) I genuinely haven't done a lot of trading this year, I've had a stressful few months but things are starting to settle down again now

Attachments

• Oil 1.jpg
    Oil 1.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 121
Thrown a grand on, small stake and wide stop for the initial Oil trade but I will be adding aggressively and moving stop closer.

Just for clarity, we all know this is gambling and there's a 99% chance I'll lose the lot but let's just have a laugh for a couple weeks as it's still money I won from them last year (y) I genuinely haven't done a lot of trading this year, I've had a stressful few months but things are starting to settle down again now

Go for it mate. Statistically though you have a better than 99% chance of losing, but then again statistics are usually made up, at least 30% of the time. At least that what a survey said when they asked a hundred people about statistics, 30% said they believed in them whilst 40% said they did not believe in them and the remaining and overall majority of 60% said they were b0llox.

Good luck and go get that big one. I'll let you know when mine comes in. :p

Lee

Go for it mate. Statistically though you have a better than 99% chance of losing, but then again statistics are usually made up, at least 30% of the time. At least that what a survey said when they asked a hundred people about statistics, 30% said they believed in them whilst 40% said they did not believe in them and the remaining and overall majority of 60% said they were b0llox.

Good luck and go get that big one. I'll let you know when mine comes in. :p

Lee

I'm 50% sure that at least 75% of your post makes absolutely no sense:LOL:

I've added a couple more positions and moved stop closer which is possibly a bit too aggressive too soon but no guts no glory right?

I'm 50% sure that at least 75% of your post makes absolutely no sense:LOL:

I've added a couple more positions and moved stop closer which is possibly a bit too aggressive too soon but no guts no glory right?

Yep, no guts, no glory hole. But allow it room to breath.

I'm now £7 a point showing around £450 profit although I did lose around £80 on that drop before it took off as different positions had different stops but I'll show all trades on a screenshot later to prove it's genuine, the same as I'll put a screenshot showing the inevitable blown account (y)

Heading back down now, my stop is at breakeven and still probably too close but I've got faith it won't get triggered

Don't worry Brewski, we got it covered. Come on George, get this f**king market moving. We'll buy it back up. :)

Big thanks to Lee and George for buying it back up(y)

Now at £10 a point and sat at around 1k profit, I’ve been at work since 4am and will post a screenshot later where hopefully I’ve made even more cash but probably been stopped out at around break even :LOL:

Now £11pp, but with a very tight stop... I had an order triggered while I was working that I forgot about!

Execution blotter is there to show all the trades and I'll keep repeating it, I'm well aware the most likely outcome is to be taken out by my stop and thus giving back the £1500 profit I could have had but if you can't deal with that then you shouldn't be trading.

Attachments

• Oil 11pp.jpg
    Oil 11pp.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 140
There are limits to how much it will go up, you have to take a profit some time!

What's the limit on Dow?:LOL:

To be fair, it would have been nice to have taken 1k or even 1500 profit earlier but I'm in it until I get stopped out so we will see what happens

Now £11pp, but with a very tight stop... I had an order triggered while I was working that I forgot about!

Execution blotter is there to show all the trades and I'll keep repeating it, I'm well aware the most likely outcome is to be taken out by my stop and thus giving back the £1500 profit I could have had but if you can't deal with that then you shouldn't be gambling.

Corrected for you :cheesy: