Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Just says you were tempted. Well played if you traded it(y)Where did you get in/out?

Bit impatient and had an early stab @ 26122 which was stopped out for -15 (must be the only guy stopped out of a short yesterday :LOL:). Then 26036 and more @ 25994 after previous day low had gone.

Covered @ 25780 - didn’t have the Brewski balls to hang on.

Bit impatient and had an early stab @ 26122 which was stopped out for -15 (must be the only guy stopped out of a short yesterday :LOL:). Then 26036 and more @ 25994 after previous day low had gone.

Covered @ 25780 - didn’t have the Brewski balls to hang on.

That looks a great trade. You posted on here what you were planning to do, took the trade, got it right and made a few hundred points. Well played (y)

Do you think we are in for a major correction?

I'm thinking either trading Dow back down to 23k/22k

Can I claim I was right even though it went up 2000 points first?:LOL:

I've not really traded so far this year, lost that first one but that's about it... If Dow goes back down to 22k I'll be buying back in hitting it even bigger and retiring by the end of the year(y)

Still no trading for me, I'm still waiting to move house it was supposed to be last month but things just keep getting put back for different reasons so I'm stuck in limbo at the moment.

As soon as I'm sorted I'll be loading up, there will be plenty more fireworks in here soon (y)

2 months later and still no trading (I lie, I got tempted one day and threw £100 away when Dow was going mental). I have been doing the odd demo trade just to keep my eye in and I'm not joking, every single one of them has lost and most of the time it wouldn't have even mattered which direction I'd taken - mugs game. Oil is lining itself up for a massive short at around $80 so hopefully it will be nice to me and wait until I'm back in the game before it gets there. I'm glad I didn't go short a few months ago and I hope you didn't either Nowler!

Anyway, I've had a very stressful last few months but I now have a new job lined up and hopefully will be moving within the next 2 weeks so once everything has settled down I will be back on here just in time to "sell in may and go away". I've been itching to get back in the markets but I have had other priorities to sort out first.

hey brew missed ya! :D

all the best (and pls start another "gambling" account/thread!)last one was so gr8t. i hung on every trade!

hey brew missed ya! :D

all the best (and pls start another "gambling" account/thread!)last one was so gr8t. i hung on every trade!

I will be continuing this gambling thread, the imminent leverage changes don't actually have any affect on my approach so I carry on as normal:cool:

I am finally moving next week and start a new job the week after. I will be back rinsing the markets probably a week or two after that. I can't wait to get back to some sort of normality, I've had a stressful last few months.

Lee - I will be in contact soon once I'm settled and ready to smash it again, lunch will be on me (not literally) (y)

I will be continuing this gambling thread, the imminent leverage changes don't actually have any affect on my approach so I carry on as normal:cool:

I am finally moving next week and start a new job the week after. I will be back rinsing the markets probably a week or two after that. I can't wait to get back to some sort of normality, I've had a stressful last few months.

Lee - I will be in contact soon once I'm settled and ready to smash it again, lunch will be on me (not literally) (y)

Hey mate,

Give me a text when about. We'll catch up for a few drinks. Happy smashing, literally. :)

Oil is lining itself up for a massive short at around $80 so hopefully it will be nice to me and wait until I'm back in the game before it gets there. I'm glad I didn't go short a few months ago and I hope you didn't either Nowler!

Right, I'm not actually back trading properly yet but Brent hit $80 today so I've put a cheeky little short in that is almost guaranteed to get stopped out. Oil is being manipulated as normal... USA have been ramping up production the whole time OPEC have been cutting it back so they've inflated prices to cash in.:whistling (yes I should probably be trading WTI not Brent)

Right, I'm not actually back trading properly yet but Brent hit $80 today so I've put a cheeky little short in that is almost guaranteed to get stopped out. Oil is being manipulated as normal... USA have been ramping up production the whole time OPEC have been cutting it back so they've inflated prices to cash in.:whistling (yes I should probably be trading WTI not Brent)

i watch some major futures inc LIGHT SWEET CRUDE, had no idea thats why prices are heading higher...

i know i'm paying more at the pump..:|

i watch some major futures inc LIGHT SWEET CRUDE, had no idea thats why prices are heading higher...

i know i'm paying more at the pump..:|

Yes, petrol prices going up again (n)

That's just my take on it anyway... If I was the USA that's exactly what I would have done/been doing. When the rest of the world has slowed production to "balance" (manipulate) the price of Oil, I'd sure as hell be ramping up production to take market share then look for (create) as high a price as possible to sell it. But what do I know, I'm just some degenerate gambler looking for the next adrenaline rush (y)

Right I’ve thrown a couple hundred quid on having a bit of a dabble to get back into it, I was long oil this morning but being too aggressive caught me out at break even on normal market behaviour - I will keep repeating it for those that don’t understand it, tight stops will get hit a lot especially when you’re buying/selling in the middle of nowhere like I often do but tight stops allow me a massive position size (relative to account).

I am now long usd/jpy from 110.15 with my stop at 109.98 at £5 a point looking to double up to £10 as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Well this thread will officially be dead at the end of July. My "edge" was in using guaranteed stops to reduce margin requirements but now they have changed the rules so that even with a guaranteed stop I'd need £18,000 margin to go £15 a point on the Dow again. Originally I was told by CMC that guaranteed stops wouldn't be affected and would still only require the same margin as total potential loss.

So this begs the question, do I load up a few G's and go mental for a couple of weeks before calling it a day or just keep the cash I've won?

Well this thread will officially be dead at the end of July. My "edge" was in using guaranteed stops to reduce margin requirements but now they have changed the rules so that even with a guaranteed stop I'd need £18,000 margin to go £15 a point on the Dow again. Originally I was told by CMC that guaranteed stops wouldn't be affected and would still only require the same margin as total potential loss.

So this begs the question, do I load up a few G's and go mental for a couple of weeks before calling it a day or just keep the cash I've won?

Go mental [emoji1360]

Having a bit of a dabble, may as well go for it... so far I'm long Dow £3pp and praying my lucks in

I'm in on Oil, I was £250 up at one point on Dow but don't forget that greed is my main motivation and downfall(y)

I've only put £100 on at the moment, will look to load up mental on Monday

Attachments

• Oil.jpg
    Oil.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 89
Oil just got smashed thank god I went to breakeven quickly!

Now do I buy oil at a lower price or dow at a lower price?