Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Yes mate it popped 10k profit a few minutes ago!! gone back under now but I'm sure it's only temporary (y)

Yes mate it popped 10k profit a few minutes ago!! gone back under now but I'm sure it's only temporary (y)

Yeah I guess tomorrow will be interesting.

There have been some price n time signals in related instruments to the downside last few days which I can't ignore. So i'll be playing short overall, probably nas, but with hedge longs in Dow, S+P, if required.

its a realistic mindset to take profits

I disagree. Your mindset would have made you maybe £500 and no doubt you would have been over the moon with that, I've just let a winner run and rinsed it for 10k (y)

Lee has been telling me since the beginning that everything is my decision and to stick to my plan, he hasn't swayed me in any way and that's been absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess tomorrow will be interesting.

There have been some price n time signals in related instruments to the downside last few days which I can't ignore. So i'll be playing short overall, probably nas, but with hedge longs in Dow, S+P, if required.

NFP will be interesting. You can't ignore your own signals mate so one of us will be happy tomorrow :LOL:

I will look in the morning to decide whether to move my stop up, I'm calling it a night now I've had a hectic day.

I disagree. Your mindset would have made you maybe £500 and no doubt you would have been over the moon with that, I've just let a winner run and rinsed it for 10k (y)

Lee has been telling me since the beginning that everything is my decision and to stick to my plan, he hasn't swayed me in any way and that's been absolutely brilliant.

Careful brewski, I'm actually starting to think itspossible is marketpshyc, they both kinda appear around the same time.

If this is a legit trade then bloody good for you mate, a good mate of mine held a position for over 8 months (cable) had to sit with it underwater for all that time & had a margin call to boot.......all in he sunk about £200k to eventually make just £30'ish K !!!

£10k for this trade is an amazing result !

(just need your full account details.......you know, for proof ;))

Careful brewski, I'm actually starting to think itspossible is marketpshyc, they both kinda appear around the same time.

If this is a legit trade then bloody good for you mate, a good mate of mine held a position for over 8 months (cable) had to sit with it underwater for all that time & had a margin call to boot.......all in he sunk about £200k to eventually make just £30'ish K !!!

£10k for this trade is an amazing result !

(just need your full account details.......you know, for proof ;))

So in short what you are saying is, or more to the point, what I hear is:
Your friend refused to cut his losses, held a losing trade underwater for over 8 months and risked a minimum of £200,000 to make £30k. RR is way out and should never be in minus figures.

This is the opposite to what Brewski has done and the results are clear.
This is ultimately what separates the winners from the losers.
(no disrespect to your friend)

Lee

So in short what you are saying is, or more to the point, what I hear is:
Your friend refused to cut his losses, held a losing trade underwater for over 8 months and risked a minimum of £200,000 to make £30k. RR is way out and should never be in minus figures.

This is the opposite to what Brewski has done and the results are clear.
This is ultimately what separates the winners from the losers.
(no disrespect to your friend)

Lee

Yep, you are spot on (though a little obvious tbh) he rarely takes a loss (or refuses if you like) after 6 months he had to throw more money at the account, a couple of months later it came onside.....Essex boy done good banker with massive back up, he hardly broke sweat, but to be fair this was the worst trade he had ever made in 25 years in the game, 200 to make 30 is ummm fookin' crackers !!!

Brewski's results are clear, RR is off the charts & a crackin' result ! It's text book out of the ball park.

ps funny to read "separates winners from losers" & "no disrespect" .....appreciate you don't know me (or my mate) from Adam, hmmmm presumptuous perhaps, funny though !

Obviously brewski knows what he is doing and I know full well that I would never have got this far along the road even if i’d had the courage to have entered where he did in the first place.

Nonetheless I’m a bit nonplussed at this point. At 23518 it must be around target. If the exit is going to be to target then it must be near enough not to risk a reaction to the stop for the sake of the last few points. Bringing the stop up tight is almost bound to have it hit so everything to me points to closing. But then i’m a wimp :)

Obviously brewski knows what he is doing and I know full well that I would never have got this far along the road even if i’d had the courage to have entered where he did in the first place.

Nonetheless I’m a bit nonplussed at this point. At 23518 it must be around target. If the exit is going to be to target then it must be near enough not to risk a reaction to the stop for the sake of the last few points. Bringing the stop up tight is almost bound to have it hit so everything to me points to closing. But then i’m a wimp :)

Sure, but as Brewski has outlined from the start, this trade (cluster) is about running it as far as possible using a trailing stop which must take into account intraday swings. The 10k target is just pub banter, in the sense that, one day i'm going to do it, but the original trade premise is to run it till the bend at the end. This approach will of course involve giving some back. So the only consideration as we go forward, is where to place the trail stop!

For the sake of clarity, i'd like daily updated charts showing entries and stop placement, so we can track progress.

A thought for consideration.

There are multiple positions in this cluster, therefore multi level individual stops could be employed.

C_V is right the 10k was just pub banter, I have of course sent my friend a screenshot of the 10k profit and boasted about it as expected.

I don't have a specific target but I have a rough area/time that I'm looking for which hopefully includes still being in it for the santa rally but the most likely outcome is that my trailing stop takes me out. Obviously this means that I will never get out at the top and will likely give a few thousand back as the more profit I have the wider I tend to have the stop. I am looking at it now and I'd like to keep the stop at 23200 (roughly 23250-23255 cash), meaning I could give back 4k profit. The reality is, if you keep the percentages the same and say if this was a £1 a point trade most people would have no problem having £400 locked in and leaving the rest to run.

Daily chart with entries and stop shown plus screenshot of the trade, I haven't converted it from futures to cash because I think it's better to see exactly what I'm trading rather than converting it to different figures all the time.

Attachments

• Stop 23200.jpg
    Stop 23200.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 10100 Profit.jpg
    10100 Profit.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 166
C_V is right the 10k was just pub banter, I have of course sent my friend a screenshot of the 10k profit and boasted about it as expected.

I don't have a specific target but I have a rough area/time that I'm looking for which hopefully includes still being in it for the santa rally but the most likely outcome is that my trailing stop takes me out. Obviously this means that I will never get out at the top and will likely give a few thousand back as the more profit I have the wider I tend to have the stop. I am looking at it now and I'd like to keep the stop at 23200 (roughly 23250-23255 cash), meaning I could give back 4k profit. The reality is, if you keep the percentages the same and say if this was a £1 a point trade most people would have no problem having £400 locked in and leaving the rest to run.

Daily chart with entries and stop shown plus screenshot of the trade, I haven't converted it from futures to cash because I think it's better to see exactly what I'm trading rather than converting it to different figures all the time.

Ok, that makes sense. Onward and upward, mon brave.

. . . So the only consideration as we go forward, is where to place the trail stop! . . .
Hiya brewski,
Note the part of c_v's post I've quoted - especially the emphasis. I trust you realise that this is no longer just your trade - it's our trade too! Kudos to you for doing what you've done and getting as far as you have.
(y)
Tim.

Hiya brewski,
Note the part of c_v's post I've quoted - especially the emphasis. I trust you realise that this is no longer just your trade - it's our trade too! Kudos to you for doing what you've done and getting as far as you have.
(y)
Tim.

Wouldn't be where I am without you guys (y)

Ended the week sat on just under £9700 profit, at one point I saw roughly £10,400 profit! I left my stop where it is for the moment as shown on the daily chart attached but will review it next week. I'm working 4 12 hour night shifts starting tonight so my replies on here will be limited until Wednesday afternoon, problem is now I'm having unrealistic dreams of just walking out of my job and being a pro trader :LOL:

Attachments

• Daily 4 Nov.jpg
    Daily 4 Nov.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Platform 4 Nov.jpg
    Platform 4 Nov.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 149