Brent crude oil

sunset1

Anyone intereseted in trading Brent people already trading it or new traders welcome.
This instrument if traded properly can be very lucrative as I am sure most people will know that.
So feel free to offload any worthwhile information to get this thread up and running.

May I suggest crude Squawk is the best if you trade the Energy markets, Marty Errico is on the floor of the NYMEX and gives you the scoop on CL NG RBOB and HO. hes also letting you know whether big buyers or sellers are coming in the large option purchases like today there were huge call purchases in the options pit and the call to put skew was 7:1. He covers whether the market is backwardation (bearish) or contango (bullish) in the CL and NG spreads and discusses crack spreads (HO/RBOB and 321 crack) which as you may or may not know is the difference between the CL and RBOB and HO and by how much the refineries profit from the distillates. For those that want to learn the Energy markets and need that information should check it out. Email [email protected] to get a free day in the Squawk and give it a shot. I am a long time member thought I would share my experience since its been a valuable resource and have been much more profitable since getting in the room.
Brian

Last edited:
May I suggest crude Squawk is the best if you trade the Energy markets, Marty Errico is on the floor of the NYMEX and gives you the scoop on CL NG RBOB and HO. hes also letting you know whether big buyers or sellers are coming in the large option purchases like today there were huge call purchases in the options pit and the call to put skew was 7:1. He covers whether the market is backwardation (bearish) or contango (bullish) in the CL and NG spreads and discusses crack spreads (HO/RBOB and 321 crack) which as you may or may not know is the difference between the CL and RBOB and HO and by how much the refineries profit from the distillates. For those that want to learn the Energy markets and need that information should check it out. Email [email protected] to get a free day in the Squawk and give it a shot. I am a long time member thought I would share my experience since its been a valuable resource and have been much more profitable since getting in the room.
Brian

I think you have given me the wrong e-mail

Brian thanks for getting this thread off its starting blocks.

I would like to add does anyone here know anything about gaps and how they react:idea:

If you do not now is the time to learn about them and make yourself unlimited pips.

Do not trade in the darkness any longer now is the time to open your eyes to what is going on all around you.

I believe this could be the most profitable thread for all participants.

Last edited:
Nymex pit session

Brian can he tell me which way the market is liable to go and is he accurate.

Just as a tester which way is it going tonight and tomorrow ?

The room open at 8:50 am et and goes till 2:30 pm ET it is open for the NYMEX PIT SESSION ONLY. I would sit in on a session as its risk free and costs you nothing. questions wont be answered in the room but I suggest writing them down and then typically a skype session is done afterwards. Im sharing since it it without a doubt the best room Ive been in.
XXBrianXX

The room open at 8:50 am et and goes till 2:30 pm ET it is open for the NYMEX PIT SESSION ONLY. I would sit in on a session as its risk free and costs you nothing. questions wont be answered in the room but I suggest writing them down and then typically a skype session is done afterwards. Im sharing since it it without a doubt the best room Ive been in.
XXBrianXX

Hello Brian I have just returned from a little holiday and am now ready for my free trial.
Can you tell me what can I expect to find out from the room ?

Sure first off the Crude Squawk is essential if you trade the energies markets. Marty will provide you with very detailed news and geopolitical vents as they are released throughout each day regarding refineries and oil status and production. The Pulse of the market as it relates to the traders in the energies pits especially the spreads , gas, heating oil and how those inter-market correlations allow us a look into the crystal ball. There is quite of bit of information coming across that Marty provides. Again I encourage you or anyone who trades the energies to stop in and focus on these inter-market correlations. I know many traders are not paying attention to these correlations and they are missing the boat in my opinion. Ask Marty for at least a week so you can get the hang of the room and fully come to appreciate and understand everything. Take time to read the white board from the institutional buying and important numbers and levels that the floor traders and CME Clearport traders are looking at. Heres Marty's email once [email protected]

I think this thread took a completely different turn.. Anyways, anyone trading brent can shed some more light on this? I've recently started trading Brent (prefer it to WTI as its closely tied to london markets.. I think i'm right on this??).

What I wanted to know is while WTI Crude has its its fundamentals from the US such as GDP, inventory reports, etc, are there any such influences and any fundamentals on Brent?

They say Brent is more geared towards to the world markets.. so does this mean, in times of conflict, Brent tends to rise more quickly than WTI??

We have a market maker in London in the room that trades energies thats why I suggested you email Marty and ask him your questions he will explain at no cost to you and if you want to jump in the room for a couple of weeks and see if it helps you. Try it out. its free to take a test drive. Just email Marty. Super nice guy.

Why does Brent retrace on its self to nearly back to where it came from.
As an exampleIf it drops down 200 pips today it will retrace 180 pips or there about the next day or day and a half.
It is like filling a gap that it has created and it seems to be a never ending phenomenon.
Open up a 15minute chart and put a 200ema on it as this acts like a trend line and just watch.
Does anyone have a good strategy to trade it

Is the sla approach on brent a good strategy to follow if you keep in mind its daily range ?

It is difficult to make predictions. Back in 2008, some analysts forecasted that the price of oil would go beyond $200. The current level for the oil price is definitely not fair. Some countries are lucky when it comes to oil production and can produce the black gold at just $20 per barrel. But sometimes, the production cost can go up to $100 per barrel in other countries.

OPEC does not want to curb production and alter their production scheme. Saudi Arabia and its Gulf allies wish to keep the oil production up. The oil-producing nations are looking to keep their market share up especially in the wake of increased competition from the U.S. which has scaled up its production of shale oil. This has two-pronged effects with the U.S. demand for imported oil plunging. Moreover, when there is an excess supply of oil, the U.S. will also be looking to sell the fuel increasing global stockpiles.

The Chinese are mass-importing oil as a result of increased motorisation in the country. There is a slowdown in the Chinese economy, but this shouldn't affect the established system of the oil market.

Vinayak I thought that you being a financial analyst that you would have a good strategy for trading Brent.