Bored.

wasp

Legendary member
What to do.......

Okay,

So, your finally happy with your trading and things are going well. Your consistently making a profit and overall making a half decent living.

Now what! Watching the screen becomes a bit dull after a while...

Curious really to what others do whilst in/out of trades waiting and watching/trading. I've tried reading but that distracts me too much. I can't stand TV and my DVD collection is becoming worn out!

I'm trying not too smoke too much or playing with the charts too much or making boredom trades and ruining my balance yet I am going mad... !

"So, your finally happy with your trading and things are going well"

Don't worry, when the above feeling happens the market will ensure it doesn't last.

(Or another way of looking at it is that feeling like this one becomes complacent which looses one money thus forcing a lack of boredom on you.)

Least It'll give me something to do!!!

Actually, I think I'll just be content with boredom and profits...

Actually it's funny how winning affects different people. I find it motivating so I want to find ways of making even more, however, when I lose I find I become appathetic/bored.

I run an EBAY business with my wife and I help her out in between trades. We share an office at home and one of our spare bedrooms is used as a photographic studio. So I trade stocks, I answer customer questions on our EBAY site and do some photography for our EBAY sale items.

No time to get bored cos we are too busy trying to make a few bucks.

I know what you mean Tufty, I did so for about 6 months but now I'm contently and consistently earning more than I've earnt with any job before, I don't want to ruin things whilst there working! "If it ain't broke, and all that..."

I know Skim(wheres she gone?) makes teddy bears for third world countries when trading but she is female, multi tasking and all that.

What about learning to paint/draw or learn a foreign language for when you make enough to buy the Italian Villa.

Failing that put a trailing stop in and head for the gym or the golf course!

Sounds a great idea but considering how long it took me to learn to trade, I'd dread to think how long it'd take me to learn to sew!!!

Did try the trailing stop theory before but with bad results!

Well,
it'll take a few minutes to fill in the Netjets card application... then there's the stuff if you want to buy one outright, then after that you might as well go for your own pilots license....

The sky's the limit, I'd have thought.

Now what! Watching the screen becomes a bit dull after a while...

Curious really to what others do whilst in/out of trades waiting and watching/trading

A good idea would be doing some exercise, beware of DVT from sitting around watching the screen all the time, also back/other postural problems to watch out for too.