Books on Price pattern

pippip

Dear all,

I am new to trading in general, and have specifically targeted Forex to begin with. I have been greatly inspired by Trader_Dante from your forum. I would like to base my methodology on price patterns (pin bars with S/R on daily and longer TF to start with!) created by price action.
Although I would be mainly looking at pin bars I would like to learn some other patterns to better manage my position once in the trade.
I am thinking on buying “Pring on Price Patterns: The Definitive Guide to Price Pattern Analysis and Intrepretation”
This post is just to say hi to everyone and ask for recommendations if you have any! :)

Happy trading:clover:,
pipip

Last edited:
Hi Pippip,

There's another thread about this in the Books section.

Personally, I think Pring is the best one out there. If you like that style, have a look at the James16 Chart Thread on Forex Factory as well.

The best trading book is not technical, but it's worth more than all the technical books put together:

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

I think that one is totally indispensable.

Hi pippip - respectfully, I suspect that overt expectations of patterns available in the public domain may lead you the way of Philip Pirrip.

Hi pippip,
Welcome to T2W.
Please click on the first two links in my signature and read those FAQs - if you haven't done so already. Then, you might like to take a gander at this FAQ:
Which Books should a Beginner Read?
Enjoy!
Tim.

Thank you all for the warm welcome and replies. I will keep all of them(Philip Pirrip one as well :) ) in mind.
I have read through most of James16 thread, but personally I rate Mike higher than James in that forum.
I just wish to master one technique while I look to sort out my risk and MM. It appears that entering a trade is relatively easier compare to exiting at the right time.

Happy Trading,
pippip

Thank you all for the warm welcome and replies. I will keep all of them(Philip Pirrip one as well :) ) in mind.
I have read through most of James16 thread, but personally I rate Mike higher than James in that forum.
I just wish to master one technique while I look to sort out my risk and MM. It appears that entering a trade is relatively easier compare to exiting at the right time.

Happy Trading,
pippip

"It appears that entering a trade is relatively easier compare to exiting at the right time."

Oh, yes indeed.

Mike's a great guy, no doubt about it.

The method you use is really a small part of it, personally I like to keep it really simple. The emotional aspect is a different matter.