Books on Price Action

Shanghai

I have read the usual suspects on various aspects of trading but one thing I am lacking is a book that focuses on price action in detail. A quick search on Amazon gives such titles as "Reading Bar Charts Bar by Bar" and "Price Action Trading".

Anyone have any suggestions?

-As you mentioned Al brooks' book would be my recommendation. It's a tough read and poorly edited but there is some solid information. The analysis he mentions is on the ES 5-min but applicable to other markets. Check out: Brooks Price Action - IntegraMOD Default and then go to Articles. It has all of his articles for futures mag so you can get a taste for how the book reads.
-Pattern trading I recommend Suri duddella - trade chart patterns like the pros.
-Wyckoff

Thanks for the recommendation and the link. Almost all of the Amazon reviews agree that it is a tough read and badly written and that does tend to put me off. Its good having a link to that website as I can see if his style is actually readable. At first glance it is so his book is lookihg favourite at the moment.

all you need is Pring on Price Patterns : The Definitive Guide to Price Pattern Analysis and Intrepretation by martin pring

Link in my signature about paying for courses, click onto that and there's lots of links to examples of price action etc.

Should help, possibly more than buying a book.

The book by Bill Eykyn is horrible if the price is taken into consideration.

A more correct title would be; "Pivot Level Trading".

It is not an inherently bad book, but it is misleading as the title spells price action while the focus is on pivot levels. Also, I think that for the price of the book one should expect a LOT more. Nice paper and nice charts simply does not add that much value.

If the book were simply $10-20 I would not be this negative.

As for price action, it seems to be a very nebulous term, but I think the framework of Market Profile is the best for understanding price movement (action).

Mind Over Markets by Dalton is a great start.

A book on candlesticks would not be stupid either.

I have read the usual suspects on various aspects of trading but one thing I am lacking is a book that focuses on price action in detail. A quick search on Amazon gives such titles as "Reading Bar Charts Bar by Bar" and "Price Action Trading".

Try "Your BluePrint for Making Money in the Stock Market". It is available on Lulu. https://www.lulu.com/commerce/index.php?fBuyContent=7748501

Nothing beats Point and Figure for price action.

The Definitive Guide to Point and Figure by Jeremy du Plessis

is a comprehensive book.

. . . and I agree with dentist007 agreeing with you subarashi!

This is turning into a warm and fuzzy thread now. Before you know it we will all be sitting round a camp fire together singing Kum Bi Yah.

I have seen some very good reviews for the Al Brooks thing on another site - same thing really, terrible writing, excellent and very in depth content.

Martin Pring obviously.

Steve Nisson on sticks, although I'm not sure how useful those are in practice over the free stuff on tinterweb.