Books about Wall ST

jacknapier

My amazon list is crowded with books that are essentially "how to trade." I was just looking at it and the books on my wall and was thinking that, "y'know books don't really teach you how to trade." I'm thinking that I want to get into the minds of those that are already successful or at least have had some insider knowledge how what the major hedge funds and institutions think like. There's Schwager, but maybe someone here knows other ones.

Some I've found just digging around on amazon are, 'King Icahn', 'The Predators Ball', 'The Vulture Investors' and 'Den of Thieves.'

i liked:
Reminiscence of a Stock Operator
Where are the customers Yacht
The Fortune's formula
The Black Swan

"How great to have a reissue of a hilarious classic that proves the more things change the more they stay the same. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent."
-- Michael Bloomberg

Oh... the bitter irony in that quote. (That's from the summary section of, " Where are the customers Yacht" amazon page.)

Thanks.

Do you accept classics?

Liar’s Poker, by Michael Lewis

I'm mainly looking for books about people. Whether an auto/biograghy or a collection of stories about various people. Similar to Schwagers books, but not in interview form. I really wanted that book about Icahn, but it's like 400$?! WTF?

Thanks for the suggestion.

I do find it interesting that most of the books mentioned about people who actually work on Wall St are named "the Vulture Investors" or "Liar's Poker" but books on how to trade are very benign with their names.

I'm mainly looking for books about people. Whether an auto/biograghy or a collection of stories about various people. Similar to Schwagers books, but not in interview form. I really wanted that book about Icahn, but it's like 400$?! WTF?

Thanks for the suggestion.

I do find it interesting that most of the books mentioned about people who actually work on Wall St are named "the Vulture Investors" or "Liar's Poker" but books on how to trade are very benign with their names.

Have you tried dark corners of the internet to acquire this book?

What do you mean "very benign with their names"?

My amazon list is crowded with books that are essentially "how to trade." I was just looking at it and the books on my wall and was thinking that, "y'know books don't really teach you how to trade." I'm thinking that I want to get into the minds of those that are already successful or at least have had some insider knowledge how what the major hedge funds and institutions think like. There's Schwager, but maybe someone here knows other ones.

Some I've found just digging around on amazon are, 'King Icahn', 'The Predators Ball', 'The Vulture Investors' and 'Den of Thieves.'

Books about successful traders
Charlie D.: The Story of the Legendary Bond Trader
and
Pit Bull: Lessons from Wall Street's Champion Day Trader

In regards to getting insight into how major hedge funds think, it's not a book, but you may want to check out Ray Dalio's essays on his hedge fund's website: Bridgewater - Research & Press

i'm reading the wolf of Wall street.........biggest pile of Cr*p ive ever read ........and thats against some strong opposition over the years

jees....

N

try reading anything on the big trend followers........not just the guy who publicises it and turtle trading though as he has made millions talking about the real traders and not doing anything himself

N