Book wanted - by Fabozzi & Kipnis

Dear Del,

Thank you for that, mate. I'll wait for a while and see if I can buy in the UK. Although my bank charges only the exchange rate (which one?) they'll probably hammer me to make it worth their while. Thanks again.

Grant,

I've ordered loads of things from the US, spreadbetting is a bigger market over there and there sems to be more info.

Have always paid with my credit card and had no problems. Exchange rate is about 1.8 at moment so will cost you about a fiver for the book.

If you spend over a certain amount too, they don't charge delivery so it may still be worth taking a look.

Why dont you try amazon in the UK - not sure if they could get it for you too - www.amazon.co.uk

Grant said:
Dear Del,

Thank you for that, mate. I'll wait for a while and see if I can buy in the UK. Although my bank charges only the exchange rate (which one?) they'll probably hammer me to make it worth their while. Thanks again.

Are you sure you really want it? - unless it is very specific eg you are in academia, you will likely be dissapointed by Fabozzi stufff - I have been - generally just a collection of dull papers by academics who can't make money in the markets.

Academic or maverick

Mokwit,

Fabozzi is familiar to me through his work on fixed income - excellent books but hardly bed-time reading. However, academics do have a degree of credibility and (hopefully) a reasonble basis for their works.

And it is academics who have contributed most to the advancement of financial theory and practise. The majority of the highest regarded practitioners in the US also hold academic posts.

An excellent book both entertaining and witty is, Principles & Corporate FInance by Brealy & Myers. Despite its accountantant appealing title it is probably one the most lucid treatments of financial markets - fixed income, derivatives, foreign exchange.

Many works may be perceived as dull but are actually interesting - and if it's interesting, it's entertaining, I suppose.

If you're interested in options, look at the attached pdf file (four pages) - "How I Helped To Make Fischer Black Wealthier". I find this quite funny/entertaining and informative.

In the final analysis, Mokwit, "Dull(ness)" is preferable to ******** written by a maverick (******** written by an academic - that's another question).

Attachments

• Tribute.pdf
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,258
Grant,

Just had a look on www.abe.com for you. I don't know anything about this book, but they've got 31 copies available, 1 in Cyprus, 1 in Germany and the others in the USA. If you really want it I'd check them out (it's basically a central database of second hand books if you haven't heard of them before).

Tim